Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Yeah I think I might ditch Flabebe. It evolved and I finally checked its ability; seems like something more for double battles than anything.

On the plus side I got Honedge :w00t:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does time of day affect anything in terms of what's out there? I noticed that it was night in the game when I played this evening, and my Mons list seems pretty disparate from VE (I got the green and blue monkeys, Scatterbug, Weedle, Caterpie, ...the zigzagdog thing that I named Dolph, and Pikachu).

My friend code: 3797-6366-4652

Beat the first gym earlier today by the skin of my teeth. Current lineup, all named after comic book characters (mostly villains), is Froakie (Batroc), Bunnaby (White Rabbit), Caterpie (Ambush Bug, because I can't use "Killer Moth" because THINK OF THE CHILDREN OR SOMETHING), and Fletchling (Toomes, in honor of The Vulture).

Does time of day affect anything in terms of what's out there? I noticed that it was night in the game when I played this evening, and my Mons list seems pretty disparate from VE (I got the green and blue monkeys, Scatterbug, Weedle, Caterpie, ...the zigzagdog thing that I named Dolph, and Pikachu).

I ran into all of those Pokemon in the afternoon yesterday. I'm not sure if time of day has really affected what kind of Pokemon you can catch, though.

Also, for an area after the fifth town. Not really a spoiler but just in case

FUCKING CAVE IS CALLED ZUBAT ROOST

Edited by Vitamin E

Just got my fossil Pokemon (along with a couple Old Amber from smashing rocks). That cave was pretty awesome to go through, even if it wasn't exactly big.

Right now I'm going to go with a team of Charmeleon, Braixen, Helioptile (to replace Pikachu), Honedge, Pancham, and Tyrunt. Think that should prove to be a decent line-up for now.

The 3DS friend code should be in your friends list (the smiley face at the top of the 3DS menu).

I assume the boutique is in northern Lumiose, in which case you can't access that part yet.

Also, just added you GoGo.

Edited by Vitamin E

Ah crap, it's a part of the DS. I thought it was an in-game thing and I'm currently borrowing a frirnd's DS.

And I can access Northern Lumiose, I'm just 'bout to challenge the gym there.

It's in the eiffel tower lookalike and HOLY CRAP IT'S A FRIGGIN' GAME SHOW

However, the Boutique is in Sothern Lumiose. The lady kicks you out as soon as you enter.

Edited by Mooregasm

DAMN IT ABRA GET CAUGHT ALREADY JESUS

Oh also. The hordes. The hordes are fucking terrible. The little Plus/Minus guys don't even fucking attack, so you've just got to sit there and pound on them until they die and it takes years and aaaaaaaaugh.

Yeah, hordes sound interesting but they kind of suck if you don't have a move that hits multiple targets. I'm really hoping later in the game the hordes get higher than level 11. Not even worth it when I have level 30's against them.

Now I have Delphox, Charizard, Doublade, Helioptile, Pangoro, and Tyrunt on the team. Will most likely have Tyrantrum tomorrow. Just made it out of the Reflection Cave and it looked really nice in there.

Edited by Vitamin E

I just caught a Honedge! And the psychic kitteh (I don't know what it's called, I named it Kitteh). Kitteh will be the psychic one instead of Kadabralakazam.

Wait, why is Honedge hitting badmons with his scabbard? YOU ARE A SWORD HONEDGE. HIT THEM WITH YOUR YOU.

EDIT: Wait no he doesn't. He does hit them with his him.

So right now my team is:

Chester the Chespin Lv27

Charlie the Charmander Lv25

Buster the Honedge Lv17 (my favourite name of the ones I've given)

Ninja Bob the Nincada Lv17 (levelling up for Ninjask/Shedinja since I've never raised them, but this is the most likely one I'll drop)

Psykitty the Espurr Lv13

Hawlucha will be added, but not sure who I'll drop out of Ninjask/Shedinja. I've not even hit the second gym yet >_>

DAMN IT ABRA GET CAUGHT ALREADY JESUS

Oh also. The hordes. The hordes are fucking terrible. The little Plus/Minus guys don't even fucking attack, so you've just got to sit there and pound on them until they die and it takes years and aaaaaaaaugh.

Oh my god Abra. He makes me want to die inside. I spent an hour trying to FIND ONE after the first teleported away before giving up.

I kind of like Hordes, but they're a pain in the ass until you get a AOE move. It's cool though, some Pokemon have always had the idea that they nest together, so it never made a ton of sense that you only ever fought one at a time.

I got my Abra. My team right now is Froie the Froakie, Swordchucks the Honedge, BobDolebasaur the Ivysaur, Combusken the Combusken That I Haven't Renamed Yet, Encarta the Kadabra, and Snorlax. Whom I will not rename. He shall be called Snorlax.

Did it take anyone else a dog's age to get to the second gym? I haven't gotten my fossils yet and my Mons are pushing right up against level 30, so I'm worried there may be INSURRECTION.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that Game Freak kind of threw the Exp. Share in late on and forgot to playtest it after that. Suffice to say, by the third Gym, I had about 5 levels on the gym leader having not even tried to grind.

Got the Mega Ring and off to the next Gym, I presume. The game didn't really give me any instructions for once after getting the Mega Ring <_< running with:

Sabrina the Delphox

Silvanus the Venusaur (w/ Venusaurite)

Phoebe the Golduck

Reby the Raichu

Hawk Hogan the Hawlucha

Lancelot the Doublade

Debating when I'm gonna evolve up to Aegislash, but that's pretty much my team sorted I think.