Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a real dilemna over Doublade. With the Eviolite his defenses are ridiculous and he can still hit pretty well with Swords Dance Iron Head / Shadow Sneak for STAB too...but Aegislash's attack boost is a very attractive prospect, not to mention his whole getup is cool really.

By the by - if anyone with X catches Staryu, then I'll much appreciate it if you trade me one <_<

Evioite is worth trying out to see how it does in battle. I think Swords Dance would get you about the same stats for Attack and Special Attack as Blade Form would, maybe a little less, but it would still give you a good boost.

As for Benji, sorry :bang:. If it matters, the "favorite game" thing had nothing to do with the ending, just my overall experience from playing the game. The graphics play a huge part in that (the moves just look phenomenal and I'm glad I left the move animations on), but I really love the new Pokemon dual typings they introduced. That and making EV training a little bit easier (it is a fucking pain trying to battle a certain 1-2 Pokemon in an area where there are a total of six that can appear) helps.

EDIT: I can probably get a Staryu for you, Kats. Do you need it to be under a certain level?

Edited by Vitamin E

So a couple people I talk to basically Pokemon exclusively with have taken it upon themselves to breed good Pokemon, level them, and flood them into Wonder Trade. This is really wonderful (:shifty:) but unfortunately they're not too benevolent and are giving these Pokemon names that skirt around the censor.

I call it a wash.

Apparently you can breed to get Hidden Abilities even if the Pokemon isn't female, but the chances are lower and you have to breed with the same evolutionary line/ditto.

So you can breed and potentially get a Torchic that knows Speed Boost and be able to rename it.

I'm contemplating raising a Mr Mime instead so I can get used to fairy type's advantages and disadvantages

I actually replaced Kadabra with Mr. Mime only because 3D Mr. Mime is hilarious. The "I'm going to scrub the shit out of this invisible wall" animation for his psychic moves is great.

• Like 2

So, I like the path along the Day Care. If you position yourself right on the bike, you can go from the sign of Connecting Cave all the way to a little bit of Route 5 outside of Camphrier Town without having to press anything other than left or right on the D-pad. My complaint is that the Day Care guy doesn't tell you if there's an egg when you pass by like in Gen V. Instead, you actually have to talk to him to find out.

Still, I managed to get a couple of things bred. I really miss my Volcarona with Flame Body, though :(

Edited by Vitamin E

So, I like the path along the Day Care. If you position yourself right on the bike, you can go from the sign of Connecting Cave all the way to a little bit of Route 5 outside of Camphrier Town without having to press anything other than left or right on the D-pad. My complaint is that the Day Care guy doesn't tell you if there's an egg when you pass by like in Gen V. Instead, you actually have to talk to him to find out.

Still, I managed to get a couple of things bred. I really miss my Volcarona with Flame Body, though :(

Actually there is a way to tell - he'll always be facing the pen unless there's an egg, in which case he's facing the road.

Hm. Well that makes the Day Care man less useless then. I'll have to try and keep an eye out when I'm riding buy from now on.

By the way, I have Polar Pattern Vivillon in my game. The pattern you get varies on where you're located, so if anyone wants to trade Polar for something let me know.

How does it work out with two types? Mr. Mime is Fairy/Psychic, so he takes half from Dark for Fairy but twice from Dark for Psychic. Does it just cancel out?

I don't have Gen 6 yet so I can't speak specifically about that, but assuming it's like the other gens Mr Mime would take x2 damage from Dark for being part Psychic but then the damage would be halved for being part Fairy. In other words, it should do normal damage (no super effectiveness or not very effectiveness) unless the rules for Fairy Vs Dark are different. Hope that clears it up