Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

So has anyone ever played around with the Pokefusion site? It produces some pretty awesome results.

http://pokemon.alexonsager.net/

Apparently there's a whole community doing art of these fused characters, some of them are really well done too. Reason I bring it up is Lorina and I got back into it recently and she was playing around and wanted to draw one of the results out and asked me to put together a story for it. Was a lot of fun to do something a little dark again, most of what I've worked on has been light-hearted stuff for awhile now:

tumblr_mn5tlbyFC41qaq9lxo3_400.png

Dr. William Forscher Experiment Log

Experiment #04781: Magnesect, the Mournful Pokémon.

Early research conducted on the evolution of Paras into Parasect and the process involved with its spores concluded that the spores themselves became the dominant life-source of the Pokémon upon growth. This information was first published by Professor Oak, creator of the Pokédex; however, it’s theorized that early Pokémon masters had a rudimentary understanding of the relationship between the insect and its spores, given the often impersonal relationship maintained between most publicized Parasect trainers and their Pokémon. These trainers would often have strong bonds with their team, yet would utilize Parasect as a type of organic machine, rather than a living creature.

Further study into the curious nature of the Pokémon revealed that, upon evolution, the spores of the Pokémon seem to simply put it in a catatonic state. Though the mushroom does the primary ‘thinking’, the body is still alive in its most basic form, and is still capable and required to function as a living host in order for the spores to stay healthy and strong. It was observed that Parasect consume organic matter for its energy to revitalize the mushroom atop its back; ergo, it was hypothesized that the mushroom was supplying the Pokémon vital nutrients for survival.

In conducting Experiment #04781, our goal was to determine the effects of a living, conscious host integrated with its organic master. After numerous unsuccessful attempts to revive the creature within the mushroom— experiments which often resulted in the release of defensive toxic spores from its back— it was suggested that a secondary, non-organic host be spliced with the Pokémon to balance the attention of the controlling spores released into it. Magnemite was proposed as both an excellent non-organic Pokémon test subject as well as an acceptable power source to successfully revitalize the catatonic creature within the mushroom.

For the purposes of the experiment, we gave #04781 a name: Magnesect. This spliced Pokémon went through several variant degrees of applied electricity before a successful, living result was created. The Magnemite was spliced and dominantly maintained control of the creature’s brain, purging the spores from within it. Its bolts were recreated and used to secure its mutated form in place within the Parasect’s body. The strain of the machine on the Pokémon caused many fissures in its exoskeleton, exposing ligaments often associated with non-insect life.

For the Pokémon itself, the Parasect life-form is capable of seeing— visual electronic receptors installed within the body of the Magnemite that connect to its limited occipital lobe— and is capable of digesting food without the aid of the mushroom cap on its back. Injuries caused from the splicing have shown some consequence: the spores have increased in ferocity within the Pokémon, and are far more numerous. Despite our best efforts to maintain a consistent harmony between the influence of the machine and the mushroom’s spores within the Pokémon, a constant battle for dominance between the two are observed within the Pokémon, with the life-form caught in the painful struggle.

Attempts to raise Magnesect have resulted in across-the-board failure. The Pokémon appears to be in constant, endless pain from these struggles. It seems to only eat via command of the machine and mushroom controlling it; when these influences are forced ‘off’, it ceases all function in an attempt to end itself through malnourishment. Its enhanced vision is put to little use due to visual warping caused by its perpetual tearing and cries. The only seeming benefit of this genetic splicing is the result caused upon the spores themselves: their viciousness and toxicity is unlike any other seen within the Pokémon world. It’s as though it’s attempting to adapt to the machine within the creature in an effort to purge it from— or envelope it into— the Pokémon’s physiology.

Continued research and study is suggested: over time, the spores may well adapt into life previously unseen, and the Pokémon may be perfected into new form. With the influence of machine within it, it’s entirely possible that a perpetual state of evolution may be attained over multiple generations. Currently, however, it is not recommended as a battle-ready Pokémon, unless put to use against opponents who utilize non-offensive strategies early in battle— again, the toxicity of its spores are truly amazing.

Submitted for your review. Attached is our suggested entry for our catalog of experimental Pokédex entries. This information is confidential, and should not be published to the National Pokédex.

Details regarding our other ongoing experiments forthcoming.

Pokédex Entry: Its pained cries are filled with sorrow. During battle, it seems to act more aggressive and desperate when its opponent is not attacking it.

Artist’s Notes
I wanted to jump in and join the pokemon fusion fun :D Picked Magnesect because it looked really interesting and undead. To give it a nice touch, I requested by husband to put some background to it :]

So yeah! This thing's a lot of fun to play around with, definitely should check it out. I just wish it had more options than only some of the 1st Gen Pokemon. Hopefully they add more eventually.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter talked me into playing a game of Pokemon along with her. I'm playing Red, she's playing Blue, and we'll trade exclusives.

I just want to say fuck Oddish, my god, Oddish is awful.

From Serebii:

As has been announced within their E3 schedule, Nintendo is due to have a special Pokémon X & Y Presentation/Q&A at one of the roundtables following their Nintendo Direct presentation. This presentation is to run on June 11th at 6pm Pacific time (9pm Eastern, 2am England) within the E3 halls and will last 90 minutes. It is run by Junichi Masuda and Tsunekazu Ishihara, the president of The Pokémon Company. It is unknown if the content for this Q&A will be broadcast on the internet, but we'll provide details as it comes

So has anyone ever played around with the Pokefusion site? It produces some pretty awesome results.

http://pokemon.alexonsager.net/

Apparently there's a whole community doing art of these fused characters, some of them are really well done too. Reason I bring it up is Lorina and I got back into it recently and she was playing around and wanted to draw one of the results out and asked me to put together a story for it. Was a lot of fun to do something a little dark again, most of what I've worked on has been light-hearted stuff for awhile now:

tumblr_mn5tlbyFC41qaq9lxo3_400.png

Dr. William Forscher Experiment Log

Experiment #04781: Magnesect, the Mournful Pokémon.

Early research conducted on the evolution of Paras into Parasect and the process involved with its spores concluded that the spores themselves became the dominant life-source of the Pokémon upon growth. This information was first published by Professor Oak, creator of the Pokédex; however, it’s theorized that early Pokémon masters had a rudimentary understanding of the relationship between the insect and its spores, given the often impersonal relationship maintained between most publicized Parasect trainers and their Pokémon. These trainers would often have strong bonds with their team, yet would utilize Parasect as a type of organic machine, rather than a living creature.

Further study into the curious nature of the Pokémon revealed that, upon evolution, the spores of the Pokémon seem to simply put it in a catatonic state. Though the mushroom does the primary ‘thinking’, the body is still alive in its most basic form, and is still capable and required to function as a living host in order for the spores to stay healthy and strong. It was observed that Parasect consume organic matter for its energy to revitalize the mushroom atop its back; ergo, it was hypothesized that the mushroom was supplying the Pokémon vital nutrients for survival.

In conducting Experiment #04781, our goal was to determine the effects of a living, conscious host integrated with its organic master. After numerous unsuccessful attempts to revive the creature within the mushroom— experiments which often resulted in the release of defensive toxic spores from its back— it was suggested that a secondary, non-organic host be spliced with the Pokémon to balance the attention of the controlling spores released into it. Magnemite was proposed as both an excellent non-organic Pokémon test subject as well as an acceptable power source to successfully revitalize the catatonic creature within the mushroom.

For the purposes of the experiment, we gave #04781 a name: Magnesect. This spliced Pokémon went through several variant degrees of applied electricity before a successful, living result was created. The Magnemite was spliced and dominantly maintained control of the creature’s brain, purging the spores from within it. Its bolts were recreated and used to secure its mutated form in place within the Parasect’s body. The strain of the machine on the Pokémon caused many fissures in its exoskeleton, exposing ligaments often associated with non-insect life.

For the Pokémon itself, the Parasect life-form is capable of seeing— visual electronic receptors installed within the body of the Magnemite that connect to its limited occipital lobe— and is capable of digesting food without the aid of the mushroom cap on its back. Injuries caused from the splicing have shown some consequence: the spores have increased in ferocity within the Pokémon, and are far more numerous. Despite our best efforts to maintain a consistent harmony between the influence of the machine and the mushroom’s spores within the Pokémon, a constant battle for dominance between the two are observed within the Pokémon, with the life-form caught in the painful struggle.

Attempts to raise Magnesect have resulted in across-the-board failure. The Pokémon appears to be in constant, endless pain from these struggles. It seems to only eat via command of the machine and mushroom controlling it; when these influences are forced ‘off’, it ceases all function in an attempt to end itself through malnourishment. Its enhanced vision is put to little use due to visual warping caused by its perpetual tearing and cries. The only seeming benefit of this genetic splicing is the result caused upon the spores themselves: their viciousness and toxicity is unlike any other seen within the Pokémon world. It’s as though it’s attempting to adapt to the machine within the creature in an effort to purge it from— or envelope it into— the Pokémon’s physiology.

Continued research and study is suggested: over time, the spores may well adapt into life previously unseen, and the Pokémon may be perfected into new form. With the influence of machine within it, it’s entirely possible that a perpetual state of evolution may be attained over multiple generations. Currently, however, it is not recommended as a battle-ready Pokémon, unless put to use against opponents who utilize non-offensive strategies early in battle— again, the toxicity of its spores are truly amazing.

Submitted for your review. Attached is our suggested entry for our catalog of experimental Pokédex entries. This information is confidential, and should not be published to the National Pokédex.

Details regarding our other ongoing experiments forthcoming.

Pokédex Entry: Its pained cries are filled with sorrow. During battle, it seems to act more aggressive and desperate when its opponent is not attacking it.

Artist’s Notes

I wanted to jump in and join the pokemon fusion fun :D Picked Magnesect because it looked really interesting and undead. To give it a nice touch, I requested by husband to put some background to it :]

So yeah! This thing's a lot of fun to play around with, definitely should check it out. I just wish it had more options than only some of the 1st Gen Pokemon. Hopefully they add more eventually.

I hope she's one of necromorph-slayinglovemachine, catsbooksandtheholydance, aprilfoolromance, doodlecat, yougotvexed, gyodragon, otherwise someone may have taken credit for her work

She's aprilfoolromance :lol:

She already found out about it though Ruki, but thanks for keeping an eye out! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I really can't stand how stupid people are with the GTS. Trying to search for a Tauros on it, and all of them are impossible trades (Level 9 or under Zekrom/Reshiram/Conkeldurr) or completely insane (level 100 Landorus). I really don't understand why people can't put legitimate trades up instead of being assholes or trying to exploit whatever glitch there might be.

When an opponent uses Foresight and Identifys your Pokemon what exactly does that do for them?

It allows high-evasion targets to be hit easier (ex: goddamn Emolgas) and, more significantly, it allows Ghost-types to be hit with Normal and Fighting-type moves.

Holy shit that's useful.

Posted it in the E3 thread, but putting it here as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmywDbnC5oc&feature=player_embedded

Fairy type confirmed for Sylveon, with previous Pokemon gaining the Fairy typing (Jigglypuff, Marill, and Gardevoir confirmed so far).

I need this 3DS like now.

Fairy type I'm fine with. Will be interesting to see what it's weak to; at a guess I'd say it'll be with Dark like Ghost-Psychic are weak/strong to each other. Competitive play wise it'll probably do wonders for Gardevoir and Azumarill.

ETA: Also, Charizard being in the promo video makes me feel that all the current ones will be able to be played, which means we can get Pokemon over from B/W/B2/W2.