PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NEWZ~!

Pokémon X and Y will be the first core entries in the series to feature customisable trainers, it has been reported.

Japanese publication CoroCoro magazine (via Serebii.net) broke the news and revealed four new Pokémon from the games, as well as fresh details.

corocoro5131.jpg

© CoroCoro

CoroCoro feature on Pokemon X and Y

Players will be able to alter their protagonist's physical appearance, adjusting hair colour and skin tone, but it is yet to be confirmed how deep these customisation options will go.

The Pokémon are Gogohto, a grass-type which players can ride in the field; flying-type Yayakoma; a fighting-type panda called Yanchamu; and an electric-type lizard known as Elikiteru.

Pokémon X and Y will be set within a new region dubbed Karos, which is said to be based on France and have a capital called Miare City.

Announced during a Direct presentation by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, the games will feature more than 50 new Pokémon and contain a system called "Real Play" that "makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world".

I've never even thought about changing my characters appearance in Pokémon games, but if it's there I'll use it.

I like the panda, but wish it wasn't a fighting type <_< Bottom one looks like a Mawile pre-evo, but judging by typing, it's not. I like the look of the robin, might make use of that, haven't used an early flyer since Wingull. The deer I could give or take, but the idea that you can ride in the field is cool. Someone mentioned that they may be doing away with HMs and instead giving Pokémon held items (like a saddle for riding) in their place, which if true is awesome news.

Announced during a Direct presentation by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, the games will feature more than 50 new Pokémon and contain a system called "Real Play" that "makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world".

Please. For the love of God. Let this be something akin to or close to a pseudo-Pokemon MMO, or the first signs of one to come. I will annihilate my pants if that comes to be from this.

I literally just said a few posts ago that it was because so many were pre-evo or evo :-/

For some stats - of 107 Pokémon introduced, this generation had more evolutions of existing Pokémon than any other gen. 14 of those were new legendaries (again, more than any other gen).

Pretty sure it is the same Fire/Grass/Water thing. It would be interesting to see something new, but I don't mind it being the same every generation.

I believe the goat can only be ridden on in the main city (Miare or something?). Still, will be interesting for that to be a more prominent feature in future games.

It will suck if a significant amount of the Pokemon in Gen VI are pre-evolutions of past Pokemon, because I honestly couldn't care less about a lot of the pre-evos introduced from previous generations and doubt I will now. I really don't need to see a pre-evolution for Pinsir or Durant or something, unless the pre-evolution also brings in a branching, second evolution chain. Some Pokemon would be interesting to have evolutions for (Mawile as an example), but I don't want there to be too many of those.

Considering Gen II brought 100, Gen III 135, Gen IV 107, and Gen V 156 new Pokemon, I would be surprised if Gen VI didn't bring in at least 100 new Pokemon. Still, I'm looking forward to the games and can't wait to find out some version exclusives. Currently have X on pre-order, only because a friend wants Y, but it will depend what exclusives there are.

Really love the sound of the new Pokemon revealed, exception being the Normal/Electric lizard thing. Hopefully that has an evolution, because I don't much care for the typing. The Fighting panda will be nice, since it could be another bear to go with Ursaring and Beartic, the Robin will be interesting if it evolves into Fire/Flying (due to being able to learn Flame Charge), and the goat looks really nice. Wouldn't be surprised to see it evolve into a Dark/Grass due to the coloring.

It will suck if a significant amount of the Pokemon in Gen VI are pre-evolutions of past Pokemon, because I honestly couldn't care less about a lot of the pre-evos introduced from previous generations and doubt I will now. I really don't need to see a pre-evolution for Pinsir or Durant or something, unless the pre-evolution also brings in a branching, second evolution chain. Some Pokemon would be interesting to have evolutions for (Mawile as an example), but I don't want there to be too many of those.

What about a post-evo Pinsir? Equality for Scythers and Pinsirs!