Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some short footage of Sylveon. That fact that it can learn Swift really has me worried that it will be a Normal type evolution, and it will be really hard for me to not be disappointed if that is the case.

Old R4 card [best 5 bucks ever spent] started crapping out on me so I got a new copy of HG/SS and started sending some of staples of my older teams over, just finishing up Goldenrod right now and heres how my team stands

The Togepi Twins - lvl19/16
Quilava - lvl 19
Croconaw - lvl 19
Bayleaf - lvl 16
Larvitar - lvl 20

Gimmick team with 2 Togepi's is going to be fun, same moves bar one knows Headbutt and the other doesn't, should change soon when I start setting em up with TM's and ways to avoid their obvious disadvantages.

Got a couple [read: 30 each] Eevee and Dratini eggs coming in if/when I find my copy Diamond and a pile of Charmander eggs, I was shiny farming for a while.

So, these are some rumors for Pokemon X and Y (Link: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/02/24/pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-to-bring-these-significant-changes-to-series/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter):

• Main characters are Jean and Jane; names are non-customizable
  • Trainer now appears in the bottom screen during battle, with a speech bubble interface holding the trainer commands inside
  • Trainers now have their own leveling system that affects how in-game NPCs react to you and grants various bonuses such as increasing capture rate and the rarity of Pokémon encountered
  • A new key item called the Whistle can be used once per battle with differing effects, such as waking up a Pokémon or snapping it out of confusion.
  • A bond level replaces the happiness meter from past games; higher bond levels grant bonuses such as experience or stat gain for Pokémon
  • Bond level bonuses and the whistle feature can be turned off in PvP matches for the benefit of competitive play
  • A new item called the Bond-EYE that resembles a pair of sunglasses allows players to view the nature of wild Pokémon and their capture rate
  • The Bond-EYE also allows players to see visual avatars of other players and send them messages or trade and battle requests; this feature, akin to the Miiverse function in Nintendo Land, will be the first of its kind on the 3DS
  • Wireless co-op is now possible, with one player being the leader and the other aiding in battle
  • Players not able to play cooperatively will be allowed to request aid from NPC trainers in their adventures via a juice bar located in every town
  • The PokéDex resembles a tablet with a 3D display that allows players to view Pokémon models, read full paragraph descriptions of them, hear their cries, view their locations, compare their sizes and weights with others, and read comments made by other trainers around the world about them
  • Excess money can be stored in banks that grant interest and special gifts upon depositing certain amounts
  • Using a special wristwatch device, players can travel 30 years into the past which features different characters, younger versions of current characters, different layouts, and different wild Pokémon
  • The rival faction is Team Gear whose members wear purple bodysuits with black clock hands on them; they mess with events in the past that affect the present
  • In one part of the game, you must catch a Munchlax in the past to clear the road of a Snorlax in the future, suggesting that past generations of Pokémon will be available from the start
  • The professor is Professor Bristle and the rival is Ricki, a magazine writer who documents the strange events occurring in the past
  • The new generation consists of 99 new Pokémon, many of them baby Pokémon (something Leviathyn writer Ray G. doesn’t want to see) and new evolutions of current Pokémon
  • Sylveon is a Normal Pokémon that evolves based on the new bond level; it is the only new Eeveelution
  • There will be a total of six legendary Pokémon that include Xerneas (Psychic/Rock) and Yveltal (Ghost/Flying) along with four black and white Pokémon based on card suits: a cobra with a heart-shaped hood and tail, a tiger with diamond patterns, a t-rex with spade-shaped eyes, and a peacock with a club-shaped tail
  • Most of the brand new Pokémon will be new type combinations such as Fire/Ice and Dark/Electric (something Leviathyn writer Ray G. does want to see)
  • The types of the final evolutions of the starter Pokémon will be Grass/Flying, Fire/Psychic, and Water

I'm going to hate it if you can't customize the trainer name, since it's been there FOREVER. Sylveon being Normal I would hate as well, just because it is a waste of an Eeveelution and boring. Someone I play D&D/Shadowrun with is really adamant about it being Bug type, but I don't feel like explaining why it is completely silly that it would be Bug just because the bows look like butterflies.

The whole 'most will be new dual types' thing I will LOVE, however. I'll always want new dual types because of how interesting they can be. The final types for the starters would be interesting, even if Water gets the shaft of being another single typing again.

So, these are some rumors for Pokemon X and Y (Link: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/02/24/pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-to-bring-these-significant-changes-to-series/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter):

• Main characters are Jean and Jane; names are non-customizable

Of all the things that isn't true, this isn't true the most.

Been playing alot of pokemon and then I came across this delightfull Black/White hack. I chose VoltWhite and have been playing the save for like 2 weeks now and only just got to the third gym. The third Gym (Bug) is annoying as fuck though, impossible for me to beat atm. It's one of them dumb rotation battles too. Btw if you don't know, the hack allows you to have all 600+ pokemon, so some fucking tough choices ahead!

My Team atm is:

Luxray lvl35 - Bite, Dark Pulse, Thunder Fang & Spark

Pidgeotto lvl33 - Tackle, Gust, Quick Attack & Pluck

Growlithe lvl30 - Incinerate, Double Kick, Fire Fang & Flame Wheel

Pignite lvl30 - Arm Thrust, Flame Charge, Ember & Magnitude

Peter the Pansage lvl26 - Crunch, Cut, Vine Whip & Magical Leaf

Machop lvl25 - Seismic Toss, Karate Chop, Low Sweep & Metronome

The thing is, theres no trainers about and the nearest grass/sand etc has pokemon around 10-17 so training takes fucking ages! The Gym leaders bug pokemon are all around lvl30 too, which makes it harder.

I was thinking the other day - has any Pokémon evolved differently based purely on region before? Obviously we'd have location like Magnezone, Leafeon, Glaceon etc, but have any evolved differently because they were in Sinnoh rather than Kanto or such? If not, seems like an odd evolution style to miss.

A new item called the Bond-EYE that resembles a pair of sunglasses allows players to view the nature of wild Pokémon and their capture rate

emvideo-youtube-EsZpdUUdd3I_1.jpg

PUT ON THE GOD-DAMNED GLASSES

• Like 2

Been playing alot of pokemon and then I came across this delightfull Black/White hack. I chose VoltWhite and have been playing the save for like 2 weeks now and only just got to the third gym. The third Gym (Bug) is annoying as fuck though, impossible for me to beat atm. It's one of them dumb rotation battles too. Btw if you don't know, the hack allows you to have all 600+ pokemon, so some fucking tough choices ahead!

I checked this out today and holy shit. This is cool, spent an hour reading the documentation for this, this is fucking well done. I tried to get into B/W when they came out, regressed back into HG/SS as I'm a Gen II guy and I'll always be a Gen II guy, I'm def going to give this a shot, hopefully this R4 card lasts the next week or two as waiting for something to ship from China is a guessing game on when it will actually show up.

I'd actually been mulling around the idea of doing a Blaze Black nuzlocke diary in the Cube, but never got around to it.

If I could find a way to take good screen shots on a DSlite my HeartGold game would have been in the Cube days ago.

And now that I've started to take a look at the BlazeBlack 2 hack's documentation, I'm probably going to take the first little bit in BB to get used to this Rotation Battle thing and jump over to BB2 as the improvements in gameplay in vanilla makes the hack just that much better.

Plus any hack that gives Farfetch'd a Fight/Flying type and turns Delibird from a gimmick to a legit use is alright in my books.

I'd actually been mulling around the idea of doing a Blaze Black nuzlocke diary in the Cube, but never got around to it.

If I could find a way to take good screen shots on a DSlite my HeartGold game would have been in the Cube days ago.

And now that I've started to take a look at the BlazeBlack 2 hack's documentation, I'm probably going to take the first little bit in BB to get used to this Rotation Battle thing and jump over to BB2 as the improvements in gameplay in vanilla makes the hack just that much better.

Plus any hack that gives Farfetch'd a Fight/Flying type and turns Delibird from a gimmick to a legit use is alright in my books.

Well, I'd figure that worst-case-scenario, you could use it as a way to strengthen your descriptive writing ability. Nuzlockes are typically done to tell stories, anyway.

And that BB nuzlocke is just one on a growing list of things I end up researching waaaay too much to never end up really doing.