Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coro Coro leaked.

There's an item called the Blazikenite, which will come with an event Torchic that can "evolve" in to Mega Blaziken ultimately. I have a feeling it's a hold item and works akin to Zen Mode Darmanitan, where they'll "evolve" at the start of a battle.

More online battle shenanigans: 6-on-6, all Lv. 100 battle with my friend.

Mainly thanks to him using Accelgor + 2x Double Team + Baton Pass over to his Hydreigon, he managed to sweep Starmie, Scizor, Venomoth, Haxorus and Cloyster with ease (the joys of forgetting to put a Focus Sash on anyone). That left Mienshao in a 6-on-1 scenario...and Mienshao proceeded to take out his Hydreigon, Archeops (that got in an Aerial Ace), Accelgor, Armaldo and Bastiodon, before eventually succumbing to his Scrafty in the final 1-on-1. Still. I fucking love Mienshao.

Coro Coro leaked.

There's an item called the Blazikenite, which will come with an event Torchic that can "evolve" in to Mega Blaziken ultimately. I have a feeling it's a hold item and works akin to Zen Mode Darmanitan, where they'll "evolve" at the start of a battle.

Eurgh, I was hoping it was fake. I like the idea of finally adding a new level of evolution, but calling them "Mega" and just making them slightly tweaked versions of the third form just stinks of "we watched Digimon, lol".

I'm not sure how I feel about them. Has it been confirmed that every Pokémon will have one or is it just a select number of them?

I'd be more willing to accept it if the evolution text was "It's mighty morphin' time!".

The amount of downvotes I've handed out on r/pokemon today for stupid Mega jokes and "omg, this one will/won't have one" comments is ridiculous. I am literally upvoting everything not related to Mega Pokémon just because it's something different.

Doesn't sound like every Pokemon is going to have one. It also sounds like the Mega Stone is the hold item that makes them change in battle.

Realistically, it's just making more Pokemon have abilities like Meloetta/Deoxys/Darmanitan and I don't have a problem with it.

Especially when it leads to this: http://t.co/xVTDSwFshz

EDIT: They just released a trailer. Sweet lord Mega Blaziken looks fucking incredible in-game.

EDIT2: And they've made effort values viewable and much easier to train. <3 this so much.

Mega Pokémon just being a temporary thing during battle is fine. Rather that than added another level of evolution but them not being creative enough to come up with new names.

Just out of interest, what's everyone's first memory of Pokémon?

For me it was watching someone at school catch a Meowth on Blue, then starting my first game on Red and playing it when I should have been watching a play.

From the anime I remember seeing Pinsir for the first time in Challenge of the Samurai and having absolutely no idea what it was but thought it looked awesome.

• Like 1

I'm not sure on my exact first memory, but there's a few:

- Talking to my friend about it when the anime first aired on Sky. I only had terrestrial TV and was really excited when, on a family holiday in Skegness, I saw CITV advertise that Pokémon was coming to their channel.

- I was on a school charity walk, and people were trading Pokémon and playing the game during the trip, that was when I decided to buy the game.

- I remember my beloved turquoise Gameboy Colour arriving with Pokémon Blue, the handheld console I'd ever paid for 100% with my own money, and ever since then I've found it weird going anywhere without some kind of gaming device, even if it's just my phone.