What music are you listening to?

Benji

Robert Plant and Allison Krauss' album. I've had it for a while but hadn't sat down and listened to it from start to finish until last night before bed. It was wonderful. Originally it caught my interest for the cover of Nothin' but now songs like Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us are really shining for me.

The President of the United States debut, in preperation for seeing them live tonight.

I am glad you aren't one of the idiots who thinks it is badluck to listen to a band before seeing them live. Sometimes I'll be driving to a show and I'll toss on some of the band's tunes to get pumped and a friend will start moaning about "The Rule."

Currently new 36 Crazyfists and it's fucking bitching.

Still have Aerogramme, Goldenhorse, Justice, Roisin Murphy, Neon Neon to listen to, plus some other stuff probably.

I shall download that now, how does it compare to the older albums? ^_^

oh, and I am currently listening to Soulfly's song "Staystrong" it's probably my favourite track from the "Dark Ages" album

Edited by Sick N Twisted

It's good, maybe one of my favourites. Better than RITF, probably better than BTS - close with ASCR. It's quite heavy, I really enjoyed it - the start was good, it began to blend a bit together towards the end before a bit of a pick up.

That's my first impression anyways, it's potentially my favourite by them, but i'll probably need to go back and give their other stuff a listen.

Guest Vampy

Right now I'm listening to a mix on my ipod that consists of 3 Doors Down, Relient K, and Oxymoronic.. The 3rd one I know you've never heard of, but I've got a copy of the CD they're working on.. Its not done yet though. They're adding a few more songs.

Today I've listened to a good lot of John Cale, Fragments of a Rainy Season is such a great album. I also listened to Trish Yearwood covering Leonard Cohen's 'Coming Back To You' which I think would be the perfect song to show people the true greatness of Leonard Cohen's songwriting. Currently I'm listening to an anthology of John Prine. I just love his bittersweetness in songs like Sam Stone or just out and out humour in some of his songs.

Maggot Brain's two free albums from Last.FM. Good stuff.

And Operator's "Soulcrusher".

WHEN YOU GOT NOTHING TO LOSE AND BABY YOU GOT IT ALL!

This band are like Soundgarden v2/2007. As close to Soundgarden without being Soundgarden. Usually, you get a bad band impersonating a bad band, badly, but that ain't gonna happen when you're dealing with Soundgarden :shifty: . I love "Nothing to Lose" (TNA Lockdown theme) and the psuedo-second song on the album's last track, "Live Your Way", where it goes into a piano ballad.

I've also got the album artwork as my wallpaper (LINK), which strangely makes my screen seem bigger:S, but thats another matter.

Grunge fans, get it. Get Maggot Brain too.

"Just Sixteen" - Velvet Revolver

I just... love the Libertad album, and I hate seeing people rip into VR, this album is damn good and IMO, better than Contraband. It just emphasises the sleaziness of this band and its a great feel to it, because personally I like to hear a dirty sounding album after hearing clean cut albums. This album is that guy in college who just woke up with the same clothes he was wearing last night, walks into college with his bed hair and just sits there as a mess, but somehow you respect him for it.