What music are you listening to?

Benji

I've been listening to a lot of Suuns' debut Zeroes QC lately. It has really stuck with me for its electronic sound, almost sounds like some sort of dubstep-variant, layed on top of loud psychedelic rock. It is honestly a really great record, and I am sure to look into this band more. At least I know they've released a few EPs and I sure hope they feature more of the same.

Karma to Burn's Almost Heathen. 10 is "Bobbi, Bobbi, Bobbi, I'm Not God," and it's really weird to hear it without vocals. I actually liked the vocalist on their first album, he sounded really sleazy. But yeah, this song sounds built for vocals in a way a lot of their instrumental compositions don't.

On a lark, I've tried to give the new Joe Walsh CD a shot. I stress 'tried' because the songs are not bad whatsoever, but damn if his voice isn't still one of the most grating things to endure. He makes Zakk Wylde's singing voice sound crystal clear.

Edit: Actually, I stand corrected. It sounds more like The Bill from Schoolhouse Rock is singing words at me.

So yeah, I've probably already talked about this band but I don't care; I am literally obssesed with The Eclectic Moniker's debut LP. It is so varm, has songs ranging from great dancing and party tunes to somber indie rock ballads, all held together with a Calypso sound. It is just my album of the summer and it should be yours too. Anyways,

is a song to wet your appetite.

The title track off The Offspring's new album is excellent.

And when I mean 'excellent', I mean 'Track six filler off a latter day Foo Fighters album'.

Everything about the song apart from the vocal delivery is a trademark Foo Fighters track.

(Ben Folds live @ Bonnaroo '12)

So much better than the boring dreck he's been playing for the last ten years. I would like to go and see him. I think I might.

Love that man. The college Short Girl graduated from polled their students for a musical act to play at the school. They chose Ben Folds, who was paid to come play. There was a catch, however: he could not perform "Bitches Ain't Shit" or else the show would be stopped and he would not be paid (the school is extremely Baptist).

Well, according to ol' Ben, the school harassed him about this catch, threatening to not pay him numerous times and generally just being a pain about it. So he played the song, much to the delight of all the students in attendance.

The title track off The Offspring's new album is excellent.

And when I mean 'excellent', I mean 'Track six filler off a latter day Foo Fighters album'.

Everything about the song apart from the vocal delivery is a trademark Foo Fighters track.

After hearing the title track, I went back and looked over The Offspring's discography. It's been nine years since they have made an album I liked more than one track from (Splinter, which featured "Hit That", "Da Hui", and "When You're In Prison".) That's...not a good streak to have.

• Like 1

Loudon Wainwright III's new album 'Older than my Old Man Now'. His best albums revolve around songs about his family but I have heard other versions of the songs from the album 'Date Line' 'In C' and 'Days That We Die' and they were better than the album versions.

Strangely enough, the Days that We Die version on the album includes Loudon's first ever album collaboration, that I am aware of, with Rufus Wainwright. He's performed on albums with both his daughters but never with Rufus. So that was interesting.

Also Dame Edna is on the album singing a duet called 'I Remember Sex' with LWIII. ...Weird.

Not too sure what to think of this album, yet.