What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Started watching The West Wing a few days ago. So freaking amazing. So far, too many great quotes but I absolutely love this one.

President - "Three Hundred Thousand Troops? In the last 25 minutes?"

Admiral - "Yes sir."

President - "Three Hundred Thousand is an awfully large piece of troop movement to have been on a whim."

Admiral - "Yes Sir"

President - "This was long planned?"

Admiral - "Yes Sir."

President - "All I'm trying to do right now is avoid making eye contact with the CIA director."

CIA Director - "Mr President..."

President - "Three Hundred Thousand Troops? I can't move my motorcade from K street to Connecticut without it showing up on a weather satellite."

CIA Director - "We dropped the ball, Sir."

President - "Pick it up again, would you please?"

I'm on a slow burn towards an inevitable Watch All Of The West Wing Through Again session (number 703). Not quite there yet, but soon...

In the meantime I watched a few of classic Star Trek TOS episodes today, handpicked from the season 1 boxset: 'The Enemy Within', 'Mudd's Women' and 'Balance of Terror'.

Although I have always loved Balance of Terror, and Mudd is great in his "what would you get if you mixed a Ferengi with a bit of Q"-ness, the most fun was of course to be had from The Enemy Within. Shatner's "acting" as Evil Kirk is pure hilarity from beginning to end.

For tomorrow I'm looking towards 'Space Seed' (KAHN) and possibily 'The City on the Edge of Forever' for some classic "quick, let us hop awkwardly through the swirly time portal" action.

• Like 1

yeah, Letterboxd is the best, it's so addictive. I've got City Lights rented from our library, definitely need to watch it. I don't think Silent Film's hard to get into, though I still need to watch stuff like Joan of Arc, Caligiri and Nosferatu.

Yup. Need to go on more often, but I also need to figure out people to follow. I'm already following GA and LL because I knew their names and they were friends, but other than that, no idea. I'm sure I've forgotten tons of movies but until I see them on someone else's list I'm just not going to remember.

I'm on a slow burn towards an inevitable Watch All Of The West Wing Through Again session (number 703). Not quite there yet, but soon...

Let Bartlet Be Bartlet.

That is officially the moment I decided 'Fuck It. I'm not watching anything else til I've seen this entire damn series.' I was on the couch actually cheering for Bartlet and Leo :D

• Like 1

I saw two amazing movies today, first I watched Spirited Away and I am now in love with this movie. The second movie I watched was City Lights a silent Charlie Chaplin movie. It's a charming and lovely movie. I laughed a lot and before I knew it the movie was over. I recommend it to everyone.

Evil Dead

Movie was great, Jane Levy was fantastic. It never really terrified me, it's not the kind of movie that chills me to the bone, but it is super fun and creepy. Love that they went for a straight homage to the original rather than aiming for Evil Dead 2 or Army of Darkness and I loved the new story and characters.

But don't you dare leave the theater before the credits are over.