What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Campaign

Decent enough to start with, fell away half way through and kinda came back.

Including a Miz cameo I would have to look up to even notice and a fleeting one from Taryn Terrell.

Oh, and far too much Piers Morgan.

101981.jpg

About Cherry - **1/2 or 5/10

Run of the mill indie with performances that are of little note. Decent story.

the-lords-of-salem-poster_510x510.jpg

The Lords Of Salem - ** or 4/10

The only film I can think of where a grown woman spits in a newborn baby's face multiple times. I laughed a lot.

I saw too many movies the past 3 days and I think I will see some more the comming days. I'm free for work untill Friday. The past days I've seen: The Thing (the amazing version), Friday the 13th, Lethal Weapon 3, Airplane!, Memoires of a Geisha, Friday the 13th part 2, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Rope, Alien, The Naked gun: From the Files of the Police Squad! and Lethal Weapon 4.

I liked all of these movies but The Thing, Airplane!, Alien and Rope were by far the best of the bunch.

The-Bourne-Legacy-movie-poster.jpg

The Bourne Legacy - **1/2 or 5/10

Some good action sequences, coupled with an interesting opening 30 minutes for Renner's character. Still feels like one of the book movies that gets split into two parts for no reason. Ed Norton is wasted and all of the detached discussions in rooms by the opposition go nowhere.

Any of the original trilogy or the first three Terminator movies are a better bet if you want the type of entertainment this one is trying to provide.

Had a little double feature Saturday, seeing Pain & Gain and Mud.

Pain & Gain was surprisingly a pretty good dark comedy. For once, Michael Bay's style fits the film perfectly, and it's probably my favorite effort from him, not that it's saying much. The Rock, in particular, stole the show in my favorite performance of his since Get Smart. Marky Mark was a great and Anthony Mackie as well. Ed Harris was solid too, as probably the only truly likable character in the entire film, as far as "good guys" go. On a wrestling nerd note, the guy sitting in front of me had a WrestleMania 27 shirt on.

Mud was a great film and continues Matthew McConaughey's hot streak as of late. His southern charm works perfectly in an Arkansas film that reminds me of the oldies. As good as he is, it's really a coming of age film that sort of reminds me of To Kill a Mockingbird to a degree. The two child actors were fantastic and really impressed me. The supporting cast is solid, and the story kept myself and the audience on the edge of our seats throughout. My one knock on this is the ending, which I felt was sort of a compromise to give a happy ending. I won't go into spoiler detail, but I felt it left a blemish on what would otherwise have been a truly excellent movie.

I'd recommend both for viewing, honestly.

Edited by HeadCheese

Just saw Jason and the Argonauts. I liked it, the stop motion effect were awesome to see, especially the skelentons near the end. Only thing I did not like was the ending but I recommend this movie to everyone!

Time to take a break from my Friday the 13th series watch and watch a different horror movie; Hellraiser!