The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Here we go -- another firmware upgrade has arrived. Firmware 2.52 seems pretty minor and brings with it the following:

* The playback quality of some PS3 format software has been improved.

* A text entry issue that occurs when using the on-screen keyboard, USB keyboard or Bluetooth keyboard with some PS3 format software has been addressed.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/11/04/firmwa...e-for-download/

So I've just ordered MGS4 & GTA4 which should be coming in 2-4 days time, despite not actually owning a PS3, but I'll likely be getting one on Friday.

I plan on downloading the latest update tomorrow in uni and sticking it on my USB so I've got it ready, but I'm just wondering, can you do the same thing with demos, as well as game updates (eg. trophy support)?

I just played a Mirrors Edge themed l LBP level, I'm still in awe of it. It's perfect and incredibly detailed, you have to play it.

There is a couple of them, but yeah, really good.

I'm more impressed by the Gladiator one that I came across....oh, and Shadows Of The Collossus.

The Metal Gear Solid one was kinda funny. HIND D!

The Batman level is kinda atmospheric too.

I just need to think up a good idea and plough through all the tutorials that the level creator forces on you.

Yeah, I was trying to think of a good concept. Basically, a lot of people have already covered converting other games to LBP variants, so there aren't a lot of obvious ones out there now. My little brain can't do original ideas either >_>

For a 2 player game, the LBP Basketball looks good.

Qore subscribers will be given the keys to Home today so, naturally, the assumption was that European beta invites will be sent out around the same time. While it seems that won't be happening today it shouldn't be too long. TedTheDog, community manager at the official European PlayStation forums, has said that a new wave of beta invites will be sent out once Home gets to version 1.0

The names of those who will be receiving invites have already been chosen, so it can't be too far away. If you're not on the list, though, Ted says not to worry as "Open Beta will be along within weeks of" the invites being sent out. Things are looking good for a beta launch happening before Christmas. Did you ever doubt it? Yeah, so did we.

-PS3Fanboy

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/11/06/sega-m...for-early-2009/

Sega has announced the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection, which is heading to the PS3 in early 2009. The collection will contain over 40 classic Sega titles from the Mega Drive and Master System. Highlights include many Sonic titles, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Shining Force and many others. We've placed the full list of games after the break for your perusal.

While many of you will have already played these games (many times), be it on the Gamecube, PSP, PS2 or on the original consoles, the Ultimate Collection will apparently output all titles at 720p. We're not sure exactly how these old games will look in high definition, but this will be the largest collection of Sega titles ever released together. For those of you that missed many of these titles throughout the years, this is the perfect opportunity to try some Sega classics for the first time.