The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I was totally psyched about inFamous and then I found out about Prototype just the other day which also looks incredible. Haven't done much homework (work computers struggle with graphic-intensive gaming sites) but what's the general consensus, which is gonna be better?

Just gonna throw this in here too. Joystiq did a hands-on review of Massive Action Game, and it sounds absolutely excellent. Up to 256 players - 128 players on each side, in squads of 8 - designed and developed by former military folks. There's also a Commander for each side who can call out orders, call-in air strikes against the opposition, all sorts of goodies.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/29/joystiq-hands-on-mag/

It sounds pretty badass.

I was totally psyched about inFamous and then I found out about Prototype just the other day which also looks incredible. Haven't done much homework (work computers struggle with graphic-intensive gaming sites) but what's the general consensus, which is gonna be better?

I do not feel turned on by both since the darkish theme is not realy what i want right now... but usualy sonys games are very well don, o i´ll get me inFamous wen the price drops.

I think there both going to be pretty insane, I don't think we can really judge which'll be better yet though. As much as I've always thought the coolest superpower going was LIGHTNING ABILITY~~~, I have to say I'm looking more forward to Prototype due to the fact that you can elbow drop a tank. And that you're basically Venom with a new backstory.

It seems like Prototype will be the more insane fun where as inFamous might be a bit more story oriented from what I've seen. I only judge it as such because all I've really seen of Prototype is the battles which look amazing, where as there's footage of inFamous and you having a KOTOR style karma system which is something I always enjoy. I always say it'll give me reason to go back and play again, even though usually I just settle with being evil and then leave the game alone. :P

Has anyone figured out how to change their trophies on playstation.com to a different timezone? Mine is stuck in the Pacific but clearly I'm Eastern.

P.S. Benji and two others, we need to play LBP online so I can get that fucking Party Person trophy.

5 Times Rolled and 10 Explosions in 10 Seconds trophies on GTA4. ^_^

Maybe I'll get Fifa tomorrow and bag some more easy trophies, if the postman decides not to be a twat and actually deliver it. :shifty:

Speaking of LBP has it gone down in price? I saw it for $40 on Buy.com and I'm thinking that's probably the best price I'll see it at.

So, I just turned on Saints Row 2 again and realised I didn't clear the game and there's an epilogue involving Ultor and it's hella hard, I'm wondering if anyone wants to complete it with me in co-op, before I get frustrated and give up.

I finally got a ps3 two weeks ago. So far, I have and have been playing the crap out of The Simpsons Game, All Pro Football 2k8, NBA 2k9 and Rock Band.

I see GTA IV is at 40 bucks now. I'm gonna assume it's worth it?

I'm thinking of picking up some other budget titles, like Resistance 1.

Any other recommendations? I think LBP looks interesting.

LBP and Killzone 2 are both very fun. I haven't played much of K2's campaign, but online is hella fun and (imo) the best part of the game.

I'm going to throw a shoutout for Burnout: Paradise City as a recommendation - I hate driving games but I've really enjoyed it so far - it shows off what the PS3 can do graphically and is a pretty entertaining game to boot. Should be pretty cheap too (over in the UK it seems to be cropping up in quite a few pre-owned deals).