The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Anybody thinking of buying White Knight Chronicles next month?

I've been keeping tabs on it for a while, 'cos I'm a bit of a Level-5 fan, and it seems like it has shaped up pretty good. Nothing new plot-wise, but it looks like it's got some decent features - the online structure looks particularly interesting. At least, I think it does 'cos I loves me some Georama fiddling (Y). Sadly, it looks like it won't be out in the EU 'til April, but if any people in the US are picking up a copy, I'd love to know if you think it's any good.

Will just have to occupy myself with harpooning people to walls in Bioshock 2 until April, it seems. Woe is me. pervert.gif

Edited by badotori

Anybody thinking of buying White Knight Chronicles next month?

I've been keeping tabs on it for a while, 'cos I'm a bit of a Level-5 fan, and it seems like it has shaped up pretty good. Nothing new plot-wise, but it looks like it's got some decent features - the online structure looks particularly interesting. At least, I think it does 'cos I loves me some Georama fiddling (Y). Sadly, it looks like it won't be out in the EU 'til April, but if any people in the US are picking up a copy, I'd love to know if you think it's any good.

Will just have to occupy myself with harpooning people to walls in Bioshock 2 until April, it seems. Woe is me. pervert.gif

Depends really on what else I end up buying during this period where there are a lot of games out, but White Knight Chronicles looks like something I'd quite enjoy. Guess I'll have to wait and see how things stack up.

Tell FFVIII to hurry up, I want to beat up mechanical spiders and moan about Seifer not being the main character, damnit.

Eh? You mean to download or be uploaded? It's already up on PSN. tongue.gif

Man. AVP is the biggest let down ever. I'm so disappointed with this demo. I guess I just saved myself £40, but still... sad.gif

To download, you act like I haven't been checking every single day for the last six months :P

I've clearly underestimated your nerdliness. I've yet to download VIII or MGS1, they're on my list of things to buy, but at the same time I already own FFVIII on disk (two copies, in fact. my first ever FF wub.gif) and MGS... well, the first disk works. tongue.gif

Just picked up the Ezio Premium Theme for the PS3 for 99 cents and damn it, I can't find it anywhere. Seriously. I went under Settings > Theme Settings > Theme and it's just not fucking there. No clue where it is, but I know it was downloaded and I just can't bloody find it, at all. Anyone ever had this problem before?

The Heavy Rain Demo is in the PSN! It´s part of their four Week Online Game.

I compleeded it two times but both codes did not work. :-/ - Edit, Nevermind. The german Store is the problem... for some reason the demo issent in it, i was able to just use it in the UK Store, so everyone should be fine.

It´s 1,7 gig and suposed to have two sceens and a Tutorial.

The Solution for the 4daychalange is

1. smal cigaret (117b)

2. Origami bird

3. Coffee Shop C (Diner)

4. 117h (tires in the mud)

http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing/

Obviusly it´s only working if you created a login for the 4 day chalenge, you still can do that and just enter the evidence without playing.

In two houres i´ll play me some Heavy Rain. (thats actualy not a good thing, but still, YAY!)

Edit.

It kicks as. The Grafiks are somewere betwen good but clearly a Videogame and as real as an animated movie. - The feel of playing the game is amazing. Walking felt awkward at first but makes a lot of sense once you got how to do it. (it´s different from other Videogames, but not in a bad way)... the feeling while fighting or climebing something is perfect, each button push makes sens, and the way you have to push it ads to the feeling.

Overall, not canceling the PreOrder. ;-)

I don´t feel that there is anything like a big storyspoiler in the Demo. I wish the FBI guy was a bit more LowTech but as far as it went in the Demo it´s ok, might be a way to keep the progress at a faster pace.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane
  • Like 2

Yeah, that demo was awesome. Feels a lot like Fahrenheit was, but seems so much bigger in scale, and the story looks really good as well. A little bit of Saw in there as well >_>

The FBI stuff was rather cool, I didn't think it went too far because the amount of stuff you can find that is sort of police contamination of the scene stops it from being an easy automatic puzzle solver. I was interested in it anyway because of the Fahrenheit connection but that demo makes it an instant must buy, really ramped up the excitement for it.

Ok that was stunning. :wub:

The vibe of the first setting was great. All hardboiled and noir - to use a couple of classically lazy terms.

I like the way that different actions will lead to different reactions and apparantly totally different slants into the story which is just fantastic. Thought I'd screwed up but then going back and fighting the guy was cool. Really felt all action and frenzied, pressing the right buttons as it played out. Great stuff.

The second setting was cool. The motorway at the top of the climb looked amazing. The cars thundering past on the busy road as the rain sheets down. Brilliant.

Even scrabbling up and down the hill was great.

Basically I can't wait. So so so so so so good.

I actualy think scrambeling up the hill was one of the best things in the Demo because it realy felt like scrabeling up.

I wonder about the liniearety. Don´t know about the crimesceen yet, but the szeasy place has at least 3 ways to end it, but other things you are suposed to do no matter what. - There also are a bunch of smal things i am not shure about yet, can you leave without leaving your card for example.