The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I've only gone out of my way to get trophies in one game and that's Assassin's Creed 2.

I actually took a couple of hours cleaning up the easier "extra" trophies such as hiding five guys in hay and buying certain outfits and buying all weapons etc.

Still have a few to complete though (such as legsweeping multiple soldiers at once with the long spear).

I never platinum anything... as you can see, I just enjoy the games as they come, I like to play the main stroylines more than anything... I guess I am not all about trophy achievements... weird because I loved winning trophies on football manager <_<

Destructoid called God Of War 3 'like no game you've ever experienced'.

That's funny, because when I was playing the demo, all I could think was that this was no different than the majority of hack and slash games that've been released in the last like, 10 years. hmm.gif

Yeah, I suppose so.

Just playing WET - fuck the airplane mission. I cannot survive long enough to reach the parachute! mad.gif

edit: Beat it, but Christ, that mission was making me see through the eyes of WHITE HOT RAGE.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to copy protected saves like Heavy Rain and Dragon Age to a USB stick besides backing up the whole freaking system? I really can't be bothered going to get a new portable hard drive just to back up those save files, but I don't want to risk losing them :(

Everytime I see Dragon Age in game shops, the PS3 version is always cheaper than the 360. It's tempting to get it on the PS3 and save a few quid but is there anything bad that would explain the price drop?

I loved Dragon Age and had it on the PS3. I don't think there's much of a difference between it and the 360 version (though there's a bit of a frame rate issue if things get too hectic in DA on PS3, dunno about 360). Will is always saying that the PC version is the best, though I prefer a controller to a keyboard & my PC wouldn't be able to run it at full specs, but yeah, if you've got the PC to run it at full quality, might want to consider that version. Other than that though, there was nothing about the PS3 version that caused me to ever stop playing or get annoyed.

Everytime I see Dragon Age in game shops, the PS3 version is always cheaper than the 360. It's tempting to get it on the PS3 and save a few quid but is there anything bad that would explain the price drop?

I loved Dragon Age and had it on the PS3. I don't think there's much of a difference between it and the 360 version (though there's a bit of a frame rate issue if things get too hectic in DA on PS3, dunno about 360). Will is always saying that the PC version is the best, though I prefer a controller to a keyboard & my PC wouldn't be able to run it at full specs, but yeah, if you've got the PC to run it at full quality, might want to consider that version. Other than that though, there was nothing about the PS3 version that caused me to ever stop playing or get annoyed.

Ah right, thanks for that. I don't have the PC specs to run it so I guess I'll save myself a few quid and get it for the PS3.