The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

No PS2 games work on the PS3. Not unless you have the 60gb or whatever the first set of the console released was. This is 70% of the reason I still have my old, dusty, clunky PS2.

So the 120gb PS3 Slim doesn't read PS2 games? What the fuck.

PS3 Games are Regionfree.

From Wikipedia:

Like the CD-i and the Panasonic 3DO, the PlayStation 3 is one of the few home consoles to be advertised as region-free. However, while region free for PS3 games, there is region locking for backwards compatible PS2 and PS1 games, as well as DVD and Blu-ray Disc movies.

PSX Games from PSN are Region Free aswell.

New Firmware is up btw. - Videoedeting, Photostuff, better Facebook and the PS+ extras are comming in.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I don´t know, i only used facebook integration once wen it was new and it randomly started spaseming Trophies that i had gotten ages before into my profile and i thought to myself that i don´t need to apeare like i am gaming 24/7 and turned it of.

I just noticed that when you highlight a PSN friend, their trophy level shows up beside their name. Also, there appears to be user ratings for everything on PSN now.Am I the only one not bothered by PSN Plus? There's nothing of note jumping at me to make me want it at the moment.

If they would just release a PS3 version of Fire Pro, I could retire my PS2.

Sadly, this will likely never happen as FPR was a commercial flop here and in Japan.

BUT! If you get a Japanese PSN, you could get FPG to download.

If they would just release a PS3 version of Fire Pro, I could retire my PS2.

Sadly, this will likely never happen as FPR was a commercial flop here and in Japan.

BUT! If you get a Japanese PSN, you could get FPG to download.

Tell us more, how complicated is the J PSN Store?

Could you perhaps create a Japan PSN account, and download it like that? I know I've done that for the Skate 2 demo I believe it was, came out in Switzerland first or something, and I created a Switz account and downloaded it.

Yes, you only need to be able to handle yourself in the Japanes Store and have a PSN Card (a credid card from another country won´t work) - You can get these at ebay.

Maybe Hammy can buy us a cupple of Japanes Points cards... the game is priced 600 yen. (you´ll be able to find it with a bit of trial and error)... a 1000 yen (11$/9€ card is selling for about 18$ on ebay. I´ed take one, and also sugestions on what to spend the other 400 yen on. :shifty:

I haven't done it myself, but I assume if you can remember what's what in the English version of PSN (or if you can read Japanese) you should be fine in the Japan version.

Expect right to left in option menus in all likelyhood though.

God almighty, I was able to play my ps3 for the grand total of 2 hours when I first got it, then it broke. Now I got a massive 10 minutes of Wayne Rooney blasting it over the bar in Fifa 10 arena before I tried to update the firmware, failed again and again and then gives me an error code that doesn't exist in the ps3 support section. I think I'll just go back to the 360, this is obviously not meant to work for me.

God almighty, I was able to play my ps3 for the grand total of 2 hours when I first got it, then it broke. Now I got a massive 10 minutes of Wayne Rooney blasting it over the bar in Fifa 10 arena before I tried to update the firmware, failed again and again and then gives me an error code that doesn't exist in the ps3 support section. I think I'll just go back to the 360, this is obviously not meant to work for me.

You're probably better off downloading the update on a PC and putting it on a USB, it's much quicker even if the PS3's internet connection works.