The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I've got my pre-orders in for LA Noire, Shift 2 and WSC Real 11.

Ordered LA Noire with shopto, because the exclusives you get with other stores are being released as DLC anyway, and shopto have always made sure the game gets to me on time, and on occasion a day before.

Shift 2 should be fun. They've taken the autolog feature from Hot Pursuit and put that in. Should be a good mix between arcade and sim racing, just how I like it.

And as for WSC Real, I think it's fair to say I'm one of the only snooker fans on the board, so I'll be playing that alone in my underpants.

So, I decided to browse the PS store as I had a bit left over on my prepaid visa that I bought the COD map pack with. Not enough for a $9.99 game, but pretty much anything under that was fair game.

I am so glad I looked.

Mortal Fucking Kombat 2 for 4.99? HELL YES!

Stoked as a motherfucker now :shifty: GET OVER HERE! :ph34r:

EDIT: Shiiit.. was it always this hard? :shifty:

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Anyone played the Prince of Persia HD collection? Ordered a copy today for a tenner but it's worth £16 on trade in so i'm not sure if i'll keep it.

Sony's expanding the features list for its PlayStation Plus service tomorrow, March 10, with the launch of online storage for PS3 game saves. As part of the $50 per year subscription, members will get 150MB of space in "the cloud" for up to 1,000 save files. Copy-prohibited files can even be backed up, with the caveat that users can only restore files that have been deleted from their systems once per 24 hours.

Future titles will offer the ability to save directly to PSN, Sony says, bypassing your local HDD entirely. The new feature is being introduced in PS3 firmware v3.60, which rolls out tomorrow, so factor the obligatory download into your game-playing schedule accordingly.

Nice. Very nice. On one side it is MUCH better than i expected. Sadly you have to copy each file individualy wich sucks more than a little with date from up to over four years... i don´t know about the size of ps3 saves, i know afrika has gigantic ones, but most games shout do just fine.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Oddly, even though I downloaded it a while back, when I "check via internet", it says that I can download and install v3.56 or whatever it is. I've downloaded it not so long ago because I wasn't sure, but it still allows me to "upgrade" to it.