The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Right, ignoring the fact that I'd already said it was sorted half an hour before your post, you've pointed me to Google, which takes me directly to the technical support that I'd already described as wank (rather than answering the question its just kids moaning they can't play modern warfare). I thought I'd ask on here on the off chance someone had had it before for a quick helpful reply, and I got you. You fucking plum.

Yes, "conection timed out" and "PSN Down for maintenance" clearly is to hard to understand for you...

If Sony ever wants to get realistic about getting people to download games rather than buy physical copies which they can trade in, then they're going to have to make serious strides on their upload speeds <_<

Yep, a cupple of days ago i waited like 20 Minutes for a 60mb GT5 patch to download... with my 32mbit line...

Finaly some new fotage of the Studio Ghibli game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/23/ni-no-kuni-ps3-preview-in-the-pig-city/

Looks very very nice, i hope they port it.

To be honest, i am a bit out of the loop wen it comes to current RPGs, but to me this looks like the first game that looks like a next gen upgrade (grafik wise) to the SNES/PSX classics. I think some games tired (like Dragon Quest i belive) but most other game IPs switched over to a more "realistic" style.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Some guy on the boardgame website I go on posted about it. It definitely excited me as MGS makes everything better. Unlike MSG.

I was actually working on what is essentially Metal Gear Acid: The Boardgame because it's so blatantly a board game on the PSP anyway.

Also, to get people to buy from the online store, Sony need to stop charging £58 for a game. <_<

I just completed Resistance 3 100% :D

Only my second ever Platinum!

I'm trying to do that at the moment, but I just couldn't be bothered. >_< I've got the platinum on COD: World at War (one of the toughest plats, apparently), but I'm having a tough time getting through Superhuman on Resistance 3. I grew up on health packs, but the modern FPS' have spoiled me with regenerating health.

I just completed Resistance 3 100% :D

Only my second ever Platinum!

I'm trying to do that at the moment, but I just couldn't be bothered. >_< I've got the platinum on COD: World at War (one of the toughest plats, apparently), but I'm having a tough time getting through Superhuman on Resistance 3. I grew up on health packs, but the modern FPS' have spoiled me with regenerating health.

You can get Superhuman by playing Co-Op online with a friend (if you don't use cheats). It's kind of challenging at times, but doable in co-op. I can't imagine how hard it is on your own.

They're selling them separately over here. I really, REALLY would get them but it'll be Japanese only I'd imagine so total waste of time and money. <_<

Both games use a fantasy language and very little is spoken at all. In Ico you only get the translation (as subtitel) wen you play the game for a second time, so it´s more like a bonus, wen you play it for the first time you are not suposed to understand.

In SoC there is subtitle right away, but again, there is very little spoken word at all and it´s not a make or break factor.

And what you miss, you can likely find and read on GameFAQs or something alike within 5 Minutes.

I don´t know if there even were many menus, i think ico just droped you right in the game. But i am not shure. In game there should be nothing, exept maybe hints at the bottom of the screen in SoC wen you get stuck but most of them were pritty useless.

PSN extras for these games.

Along with the two dynamic themes (one for ICO and one for Shadow of the Colossus), for fans of Ueda-san we’ve also included two videos which are available via an in-pack voucher.

The first video is an original concept video for NICO. NICO was originally planned to be spiritual successor to ICO and was an online game where teams of Colossus hunters would track, battle and take down huge Colossi together. The core gaming experience and ideas ultimately became what we now know as Shadow of the Colossus.

There’s also a 12-minute behind-the-scenes video filmed on location by our US colleagues at the Sony Japan offices in Shinagawa. This video features interviews with key production staff members about the making of ICO, Shadow of the Colossus and, of course, The Last Guardian. The video includes the team’s thoughts on the HD Classics, as well as concept art and prototype footage of all three games. Plus you’ll get to see some exclusive never-before-seen footage from The Last Guardian.

Unfortunately, due to some technical issues, you will not be able to download this extra content using the in-pack voucher until Monday 10th October. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane