The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

There's so much to love about Spider-Man, but the one thing that stands out to me is how the music stops when you're standing still or walking around, and then bursts into life when you start swinging. It really adds to the excitement of moving around the city

• Like 2

7 hours ago, =BK= said:

Spider-Man is awesome but I'm pretty sure I'm never going to use any suit outside of the classic unless there's a  90's animated one or something.

How can you not use Spider-Punk?!?

Also to be able to unlock all the suits you have to get the best on all the stupid Taskmaster things don't you? :( 

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Can you still play after you finish the story? I want to 100% every district but it feels weird at this point in the story to just be randomly swinging along waiting for crimes to happen

Yeah, they specifically made the game so that it was possible to Platinum on a single playthrough - once you complete the story you have control over time of day and you can "mop up loose ends" and stuff like that.

9 hours ago, =BK= said:

Spider-Man is awesome but I'm pretty sure I'm never going to use any suit outside of the classic unless there's a  90's animated one or something.

There's a comic book one that is pretty much that suit, and it looks crazy out of place in the best of ways. It's one of the last unlocks by level though.

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Also to be able to unlock all the suits you have to get the best on all the stupid Taskmaster things don't you? :( 

Actually - no, you should be fine if you don't go all out on gadgets and stuff. To get the trophy for gadget upgrades, you only have to do 15 total upgrades or something along those lines. To get the challenge trophies you have to get silver and if you can silver most things, you should be good to go - what you can do is just focus on the gadgets you want (watch out which ones you are spending heavily on with base/challenge tokens) and you should still be good for all suits down the line. Or if you want the trophy, make a manual save and get your 15 gadgets and then roll back if you spent any challenge/base ones.

4 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I've never liked the Spider-Punk costume. Punk things don't appeal to me.

2 hours ago, Apsham said:

I watched a video and saw that comic one, super cool! And I actually like the glowing Spider one too so I might use those after all.

Speaking of suits though I wish there were more. Like the original movie suit or the classic with webs under the arm or the FF suit or the comic Iron Spider or the classic silver and black armored Spidy or even just his black one.  Look at all the suits other games fit in.

2 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I finished and I am missing 5 trophies. I loaded up on gadgets so I wasn't able to unlock all the suits yet, the platinum for getting them all obviously and 3 hidden ones that I have no idea what they could be

Two suits are premium DLC, aren't they? The MCU ones?

37 minutes ago, =BK= said:

I've never liked the Spider-Punk costume. Punk things don't appeal to me.

I watched a video and saw that comic one, super cool! And I actually like the glowing Spider one too so I might use those after all.

Speaking of suits though I wish there were more. Like the original movie suit or the classic with webs under the arm or the FF suit or the comic Iron Spider or the classic silver and black armored Spidy or even just his black one.  Look at all the suits other games fit in.

The first DLC is adding 3 more suits along with new story.

27 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I finished and I am missing 5 trophies. I loaded up on gadgets so I wasn't able to unlock all the suits yet, the platinum for getting them all obviously and 3 hidden ones that I have no idea what they could be

If you go to your trophies open up a hidden one and press square it tells you what the trophy is.

• Like 1

Looks like I'll have to wait until my next playthrough someday to Platinum. It's mathematically impossible for me to earn enough points to get all the suits. I also need to get the highest rank on 2 of the Taskmaster challenges which I kind of suck at so I'm not sure that will happen. I did visit Uncle Ben's grave though so that's one more down

46 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Looks like I'll have to wait until my next playthrough someday to Platinum. It's mathematically impossible for me to earn enough points to get all the suits. I also need to get the highest rank on 2 of the Taskmaster challenges which I kind of suck at so I'm not sure that will happen. I did visit Uncle Ben's grave though so that's one more down

I read that Insomniac are adding New Game+ in an upcoming free update so perhaps you can get some stuff through that.

2 hours ago, =BK= said:

Ha!! I webbed a dude to a moving truck.

There's a few times that I webbed a dude to the door of a vehicle, and then used the L1+R1 through prompt to throw that door with the dude still on it at someone else. Every time it happened it was accidental but awesome.

Also a great combo is hitting a big group of enemies with a web bomb and then following that up with a sonic blast. I do that all the time on guys jumping out the back of a van, and every one of them ends up stuck to the side of it the second they pop out. 

I was playing a Taskmaster challenge and got a 98 combo, only failing because I ran out of opponents. So I tried again a few times but failed.

Today I was doing a Fisk hideout and got a 99 streak and run out of guys, so replayed it and got 97.

So I tried again, adamant I was going to get that 100+ combo trophy... And I finally did it, I got the 100+ combo! Buttttttt no trophy?!

Because it's actually God of War 3 that has that trophy. Not Spider-Man. A different game entirely. 😏

8 hours ago, New Damage said:

I was playing a Taskmaster challenge and got a 98 combo, only failing because I ran out of opponents. So I tried again a few times but failed.

Today I was doing a Fisk hideout and got a 99 streak and run out of guys, so replayed it and got 97.

So I tried again, adamant I was going to get that 100+ combo trophy... And I finally did it, I got the 100+ combo! Buttttttt no trophy?!

Because it's actually God of War 3 that has that trophy. Not Spider-Man. A different game entirely. 😏

Don't know how you could have confused the two. One is about a one-man army motivated by the death of his family, and the other of course is God of War.

• Like 1

I started playing GOW a couple days before as it's the free game this month, saw they have a 100 combo trophy, and both combat systems are combo based and quite button mashy so one bled into the other.