The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

6 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

They seem to have cocked up with the pre-orders as apparently it they went up on a lot of websites without any warning despite the plan being we'll announce a date for pre-orders

With this fuck up they may have convinced me to get an Xbox. It's really upsetting that companies never have enough at launch

I guess I just feel like most people prefer one or the other and they're not going to drop $400 on something they don't necessarily want, just because they may have to wait another couple weeks. Like you could tell me I have to wait six months before getting a PS5 or I can get an Xbox tomorrow, I'd still wait for the PS5. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

I guess I just feel like most people prefer one or the other and they're not going to drop $400 on something they don't necessarily want, just because they may have to wait another couple weeks. Like you could tell me I have to wait six months before getting a PS5 or I can get an Xbox tomorrow, I'd still wait for the PS5. 

Same.  The few people I game with online are all on PSN.  I have no interest in getting a Xbox

There are still a fair number of people who want both, and they're the people who could be swayed. For example:

On 17/09/2020 at 18:59, Your Mom said:

With this fuck up they may have convinced me to get an Xbox. It's really upsetting that companies never have enough at launch

In the long term, the PS5 will surely outsell the Xbox consoles by a considerable margin because it has a bigger fanbase, and also because Microsoft is also putting its games on PC, with streaming options to be rolled out elsewhere. Even so, let's not forget about the many console-only players who still want to play every game. They'll be interested in getting both systems along the line, but something like this could influence which one they buy first.

• Like 1

I still think the pre-order craze is just something stirred up by Microsoft and Sony - I have no real need for a PS5 the day it releases, but if they're out there around Thanksgiving or Christmas, I'll grab it.

Not going to lie though, I came real fucking close to pulling the trigger on the Xbox Series S the other day on the Microsoft website. I might still do it eventually, just in the off chance that future Doom/Wolfenstein/Fallout/etc games are indeed exclusives.

• Thanks 1