The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I have light blue ripped jeans if you want to further your cosplay but I guess we've never interacted on the game so I can't send them to you!

So Super Smash Brothers...its probably the most annoying game that I love. It's so much fun but there's a few things that i don't get.

What is the fucking strategy here? I feel like anything other than a big guy I just button mash and don't understand how to knock somebody out of the ring (like i get the idea but the knock outs feel random).

How do I activate my special move when I turn into a psychedelic rainbow? It never works, my kids said hit B but that seems to only do it sometimes.

So far my favorite characters are Donkey Kong, Young Link, Meta Knight, and Little Mac, King DeDe and my Mii Brawler 1/4 Barrell (Quarter Barrell, its a joke with nt kids ab

I'm not really good with gimmicky types like Wario, Kirby, or Pacman (basically anyone without straight forward attacks). 

Oh it also seems the opponent when knocked off a ledge can fly forever and I fall like a sack of shit. 

On the other hand this is a really fun concept with a great roster, fast pace gaming, cool graphics, and i can play it with the kids. 

Also fuck Lucas. 

In the spirit of the occasion, I was going to dress up as Jericho whilst delivering 'shams new threads but my wardrobe lacked any of the type of razzle dazzle jackets he might wear. So, I went a different direction:

107666580_10158558053425135_6247923382809300199_o.jpg

• Like 4

For anyone interested in the new Paper Mario, y'all should have a look at this video to see if the battle system is going to work for you. Most reviewers agree the game is fun and charming - but some are frustrated by this and others love it. It's more of a puzzle than a traditional battle.

1 hour ago, apsham said:

For anyone interested in the new Paper Mario, y'all should have a look at this video to see if the battle system is going to work for you. Most reviewers agree the game is fun and charming - but some are frustrated by this and others love it. It's more of a puzzle than a traditional battle.

Glad you posted, my son is obsessed with Mario but not sure if he'd enjoy this. 

Anybody like that Super Mario 3D on the switch?

2 hours ago, apsham said:

I hate this because I was really excited for it but this just feels awful to me. Thanks for saving me $60 though :crying:

Seriously I am upset but you are awesome for saving me from being more upset tomorrow :D 

2 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I hate this because I was really excited for it but this just feels awful to me. Thanks for saving me $60 though :crying:

Seriously I am upset but you are awesome for saving me from being more upset tomorrow :D 

No problem!

I'm still on the fence kinda - mostly because I'm still spending anytime that I pick up my Switch on Animal Crossing.

I've only played 30 minutes of Paper Mario but I've enjoyed it so far, granted I've only done two battles and they were both tutorials, but I didn't see it as being anything game-breaking and I'm looking forward to more of them to see how the difficulty increases.

The best part, as always, is the humour. The references to other titles, the background characters making snarky comments, and of course the fourth wall being smashed to pieces.

It's hard to judge just based on a couple of isolated battles like in that video but it looks kinda neat to me. I've never played much Paper Mario outside of a little bit of the one on the Wii but it seems like an extension to way battles have always required you to have a more active involvement in their RPG line (like the SNES one or the M&L series), rather than just sit there mashing one button to quickly go through turns.

Do the enemies get to influence the field as well though? Like obviously in that video the boss (I was not expecting 'a pretentious box of coloured pencils') seems to be attacking some of the segments of the field but can they like spin stuff the other direction to mess up your plans?