The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

16 hours ago, tristy said:

I’ll never be able to do turnip stuff since I work weekends. 😭

https://www.reddit.com/r/acturnips/new/

People game the clock and always have turnips for sale. 

I managed to find a seller on Saturday and made 20K off my turnips. 

I'm still debating the idea of picking up a Switch. I want to play New Horizons, and the Nintendo Classics are awesome, but I feel like I'd be buying a console for 1 game. But that 1 game is New Horizons and FUCK I'd be missing out on playing New Horizons FUCK.

Anyway, here's something for you all

The Switch has loads of great games. Except for perhaps Pokémon (and I'm just going on what I've heard as I haven't played it), pretty much every major Nintendo franchise has a Switch entry that ranks up with the very best. You've also got plenty of good ports of games from the previous generation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

The Switch has loads of great games. Except for perhaps Pokémon (and I'm just going on what I've heard as I haven't played it), pretty much every major Nintendo franchise has a Switch entry that ranks up with the very best. You've also got plenty of good ports of games from the previous generation.

To be honest I feel like I'd mostly be in it (right now, at least) for New Horizons and the ability to play, say, Super Mario Brothers on a console again. Yeah, sure, I can use an emulator to play that, or Link To The Past, or whatever, but it doesn't feel the same. I don't know how to explain it.

10 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

To be honest I feel like I'd mostly be in it (right now, at least) for New Horizons and the ability to play, say, Super Mario Brothers on a console again. Yeah, sure, I can use an emulator to play that, or Link To The Past, or whatever, but it doesn't feel the same. I don't know how to explain it.

What games do you normally like? 

6 minutes ago, RPS said:

What games do you normally like? 

I'll play anything. The only thing I really don't like is competitive FPSes, which I feel like aren't huge on the Switch. (Overwatch, etc.)

I mean, to give you an idea of what I've recently played it's TEW 2020, Minecraft, and Stardew Valley. I also have a lot of played time in GTA5 and Prison Architect.

The Switch really does have everything, from sprawling open world games to, and I only know this because it showed up on a sale page once, a visual novel that sounds like a 50 Shades of Grey spinoff.

9 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

I'll play anything. The only thing I really don't like is competitive FPSes, which I feel like aren't huge on the Switch. (Overwatch, etc.)

three reasons to buy the Switch 

1. You enjoy Nintendo games. In my opinion, Nintendo has the best suite of first party games. I have sunk hundreds of hours in BOTW Splatoon 2 and ACNH. Mario Odyssey, Mario Maker 2, both Pokemon games, Mario and Rabbids and Smash Bros are great. 
  2. local coop interests you. I own all three consoles. Nintendo has the best line of games for local coop.
  3. handheld mode interests you. I only play my Switch handheld mode. I only play docked with my kids. if they are watching a movie or hubby playing XBOX, I play handheld. 

Outside of that, in my opinion, you should buy an XBOX 1 for cheaper and infinitely more games and GamePass.

On 5/10/2020 at 7:39 AM, RPS said:

three reasons to buy the Switch 

1. You enjoy Nintendo games. In my opinion, Nintendo has the best suite of first party games. I have sunk hundreds of hours in BOTW Splatoon 2 and ACNH. Mario Odyssey, Mario Maker 2, both Pokemon games, Mario and Rabbids and Smash Bros are great. 
  2. local coop interests you. I own all three consoles. Nintendo has the best line of games for local coop.
  3. handheld mode interests you. I only play my Switch handheld mode. I only play docked with my kids. if they are watching a movie or hubby playing XBOX, I play handheld. 

Outside of that, in my opinion, you should buy an XBOX 1 for cheaper and infinitely more games and GamePass.

I already own a XB1, and it never gets used. There's hardly anything on there that I can't already just play on PC instead. The exclusivity of Nintendo games is kind of a draw for me, since I can't exactly be like "why Animal Crossing on Switch when I can just do it on my PC?"

40 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

I already own a XB1, and it never gets used. There's hardly anything on there that I can't already just play on PC instead. The exclusivity of Nintendo games is kind of a draw for me, since I can't exactly be like "why Animal Crossing on Switch when I can just do it on my PC?"

Do you subscribe to gamepass? That is how I use my XBOX 1. No actual purchases, I just subscribe and play whatever is new and interesting on GamePass. 

• Like 1