The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Dish on it Ruki. I'm really close to putting it on the credit card..

I've only done the first floor of the first dungeon, but I really like it so far. The combat system is similar to 3 and 4, with a few minor tweaks (front row/back row, hitting weak points charges a bar to allow special skills + other bonus, 5 person party). The music, of course, is fantastic. The art style is really cool. And if you like the Persona charm, it's got it!

The best armor in Fantasy Life is male-only. That is some straight bullshit is what it is.

EDIT: The best clothes are female-only, but the best armor is male-only. So my sword-swinging badass mercenary lady does get the cool samurai armor because it's for boys. Fucking hell, Fantasy Life, you were doing so well, too.

Yeah Persona Q is far harder than what I've experienced from the mainline games, barring 1 and the duology of 2, but I'm blaming that more on the Etrian Odyssey roots. Also the second dungeon is the best so far, just with how goofy it is.

Out of curiosity, which path did you guys take? Just wondering if the dungeon changes if you went the P3 route, which I didn't.

And I am so glad I didn't now, just got to the bit with the shrinking potions and oh man I have no words.

So Smash Bros is eh... alright I guess.

Nowhere as fun to play as Mario Kart 8, and feels really weird to play on a pro-controller so I've ended up using the gamecube controller adapter.

Saying that, I've yet to set up a multiplayer game yet and I'm finding it weird to adapt to some characters so maybe it'll turn into a great game in time.

edit: I will add however that getting an Amiibo to play around with has been fun, no longer do I have to worry about grinding coins because I can just set it up to play an 8 man smash game with 99 stock lives overnight and suddenly I have about 3000+ coins.

Edited by peteypirahna

So Smash Bros is eh... alright I guess.

Nowhere as fun to play as Mario Kart 8, and feels really weird to play on a pro-controller so I've ended up using the gamecube controller adapter.

Saying that, I've yet to set up a multiplayer game yet and I'm finding it weird to adapt to some characters so maybe it'll turn into a great game in time.

edit: I will add however that getting an Amiibo to play around with has been fun, no longer do I have to worry about grinding coins because I can just set it up to play an 8 man smash game with 99 stock lives overnight and suddenly I have about 3000+ coins.

Smash Bros., a game that excels at multiplayer and is known for being a completely average single player game at best is completely average as a single player game? Say it ain't so.
  • Like 2

My wife and I had a conundrum--that is, how can we get Smash Bros. to be a Christmas gift while at the same time ensuring that we would not have to wait until Christmas to play Smash Bros.?

Then we remembered that we have an Elf on the Shelf that can apparently break rules and deliver things before Christmas that are still Christmas gifts so yeah I'll have the Wii U Smash Bros. tomorrow guys.

• Like 5