The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

First time playing a SMT universe game with IV, kinda weird with it's tone. Like, you and the other people like you are called Samurai's which obviously puts a certain image in mind but you all look like preppy school kids. Then you've got what seems like a fairly standard dungeon crawler, going into caves to fight monsters but you have this Pipboy type thing with an AI that talks to you and serves to explain game mechanics to you? Monsters look pretty cool though and the 3D environments are pretty good for 3DS, just a bit annoying trying to move around though. Haven't reached the point where I can fuse monsters yet but the recruitment aspect is pretty neat, had one that kept asking for things and then called me spineless for bowing to his every demand and then he fucked off.

Also also, as the Wii U has been slowly dropping in price over the past few months, I put this hypothetical price point in my head at £100 that would make me interested. "Oh, it'll take a while to get there so I don't have to worry about it." The basic pack just turned up on Tesco for £99. STOP TEMPTING ME, DAMNIT!

EDIT: Well, they went out of stock pretty sharpish. I have resisted for now!

The best thing about that universe is the fact that most of the demons are taken directly from different cultures in our world and it creates this weird fusion - and also the idea that the personalities that the different demons have carry over throughout the different games in the series. The Shin Mega/Persona family has for sure grown to be my favorite over the period of time I've gotten used to it. I think I own them all between the Vita/3DS that I can get my hands on.

Nintendo doesn't recommend hard drives that are powered by two USB connections because they drain too much power, even though I use a SSD in that configuration because the power draw is much lower for a non spinning hard drive and it's just as fast as booting from the Wii U's internal hard drive.

So basically any hard drive with a power brick should be fine, even if all you use it for is moving games over that you're not going to be using and then not turning it on until you need to move those games back.

Also remember that you can download anything from the store again if you've already bought it, so if you don't feel like getting another hard drive just delete something else and download it again when you have the time.

In other news, I'm thinking about getting a new 3DS almost entirely for Xenoblade Chronicles, are there any other must have RPGs for the console? and any other must haves I should be looking to try and pick out if I can find a good deal?

Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Fire Emblem.

• Like 2

Was able to get the messenger bag and the puzzle. Super happy I was able to snag those, was worried they'd be gone by the time the site was DONE FUCKING LOADING.

Navigating it these past few days has been hell to say the least.

On a different note! Anyone else got a good Amiibo collection going? I have the entire Smash series so far (including Rosalina & Luma and Lucario) and I'm planning to get Toad from the Super Mario line. No plans to resell or anything, just getting one of each for my own display and use. Love the things but it's definitely an expensive hobby in the long run.