The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Nintendo says to maximize the number of people online. I don't know. Nintendo is weird.

It's pretty fun, though! Not being able to communicate and plan with your squad kind of sucks, but I have a feeling it'll get better once people start figuring out tactics--nobody seems to know how they should be using the different weapons, so everybody mostly just rushes around shooting and hoping they win (when the rollers should be painting, the "machine guns" should be providing cover, etc.). I'm going to make a point to play it again tomorrow, too.

If y'all play and end up with someone named "BaddoDaddo," that's me.

WWE is campaigning on Twitter to have WWF No Mercy be one of the games played during the Nintendo World Championships at E3 this year.

(where does the E3 talk go, anyway?)

WWE is campaigning on Twitter to have WWF No Mercy be one of the games played during the Nintendo World Championships at E3 this year.

(where does the E3 talk go, anyway?)

In the E3 thread which is opened by Ellis a few days before the event.

Nintendo talks a little bit about their next console... Nintendo NX

Nintendo's super-secret hush-hush in-development gaming system, the "NX" will not be a "simple replacement " for either the 3DS or the Wii U, according to what Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told investors at a recent investor Q&A sessionfollowing the release of its most recent results.

"Though I cannot confirm when it will be launched or any other details of the system, since I have confirmed that it will be ‘a dedicated video game platform with a brand new concept’ [as stated during the initial announcement] it should mean that we do not intend it to become a simple ‘replacement’ for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U," Iwata said, according to a translation of the Q&A transcript (as reported on by MCV).

"When it comes to how dedicated game systems are being played, the situations have become rather different, especially between Japan and overseas," he continued.

"Since we are always thinking about how to create a new platform that will be accepted by as many people around the world as possible, we would like to offer to them ‘a dedicated video game platform with a brand new concept’ by taking into consideration various factors, including the playing environments that differ by country. This is all that I can confirm today."

It sounds like Nintendo's "NX" will be released alongside its other systems, but at this point it is tough to speculate because very little is known about what the system is.

Nintendo doesn't plan on revealing too many more details about the new system until 2016...

As I earlier speculated, I don't think Nintendo is making anymore "traditional" consoles.

Granted it's still too early to speculate on such things but when you hear that it's not a replacement for their current systems, part of me worries about their marketing demons coming into play again. I mean, what with the Wii U issues where people didn't know it was a new system, the ambigious naming of it and the 2DS & 'New' 3DS, hopefully they'll have it worked out for whatever this is.

And since I'm here and this is sort of the de facto Fire Emblem topic, my local CEX (which is like a second hand store for games, music, dvd's etc) has a copy of Shadow Dragon in stock, seemingly the only one in stock in the entire country, for a whopping £38. I know I would never play it and that's way too rich for my blood but the collector in me wants to pick it up just because it's reasonably obscure. :shifty:

I'll sell you mine for £35 :shifty:

Although that's unusual. My experience of CEX is that it's a good place to pick up a bargain because it's staffed mainly by 20 year old female music students who haven't got the slightest interest.

Not that I'm bitter or anything, but I'm pretty sure people have found some kind of bug exploit on the 3DS' Nes Remix Nintendo World Championship Remix mode, as I've gone from having a reasonable lead as number one in the UK to having a couple of people in front of me who have doubled my score >_>

• 2 weeks later...