The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

It fucking sucked. Still a gorgeous, wonderful game otherwise, but yeah. Getting the actual ending of the game was a chore.

I can't imagine how much worse it would have been if I didn't have a cheapskate way of blowing through the bosses.

Edited by TKzo Amore

Splatoon is a massive disappointment, it's pretty fun but I constantly feel like I'm beta testing it with the complete lack of content.

Considering there's no single player mode either, it's probably better to wait it out unless you really want it. The inability to use a pro controller is mind boggling too.

There is a single player mode. I've played a bit, but I'd think around 8-10 hours.

Pro controller is compatible with the game in the local coop mode. I played it for a bit with my hubby and I think I would love it if I was a kid, but I'd rather just play online games.

I actually think it is a great idea to not make the game compatible with the pro controller, because the game pad is essential for online play. It both allows you to warp to other players and also serves as the map, which is crucial in telling you how your team is doing.

I love Splatoon. I think it is probably the most fun I've had playing a game in years. I don't really get the whole "there isn't a lot of content" complaint. 5 online maps isn't a deal breaker for me, because each map is very different and playing each map allows you to master things and get better. When I play FPS, I tend to like having less content so I can master the stages and strategies. I know there will be more content added later and it'll help prolong the game's life cycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oO7b-oWl2g

tl;dwaiaijwtg (too long didn't watch also it's all in japanese what the god) version: new Fire Emblem has customizable castle towns where it looks like you do a lot of your shopping/interaction stuff, and these towns also look like they're used for multiplayer battles and the like. I don't get everything that's happening in this trailer but there definitely appears to be a giant naked bathhouse so there's that!

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oO7b-oWl2g

tl;dwaiaijwtg (too long didn't watch also it's all in japanese what the god) version: new Fire Emblem has customizable castle towns where it looks like you do a lot of your shopping/interaction stuff, and these towns also look like they're used for multiplayer battles and the like. I don't get everything that's happening in this trailer but there definitely appears to be a giant naked bathhouse so there's that!

HYPE~!

They've also made it so weapons don't break - but stronger weapons give you a disadvantage. In the same breath, there's a second weapons triangle "with swords and magic beating axes and bows, axes and bows beating lances and hidden weapons, and lances and hidden weapons beating swords and magic"

The bathhouse features are:

If introduces a feature called "My Castle", in which the player is able to create a base for their army, where they can establish shops, buy weapons and items, and interact with allied characters in the bathhouse. Shops can be leveled up, which allows the player to choose from a wider range of items to buy. Players can run a farm in their base, allowing them to make food. At the restaurant in the base, they can serve food, which will grant characters who eat it positive effects; however, some foods can also have negative effects. The player is also able to set up a room for the player character, which they can invite allies to, to interact with. Players are able to visit other players' bases using the StreetPass functionality of the Nintendo 3DS. During a visit, they can fight the other player's army, buy items, and recruit characters. As different items are available in the two versions of the game, this may allow players access to items that normally would be unavailable.[3]

And Casual mode returns along with a mode that is sure to make those who complained about casual mode spontaneously combust (no pun intended) because Phoenix mode resurrects people EVERY TURN.

What are the disadvantages of the stronger weapons? But I am a fan of not having to replace weapons every so often now, and will not be afraid of using the really good gear!

.....and resurrects people every turn? What?!

I'm perfectly okay with games adding optional Super Easy Mode or whatever because who actually cares. "oh but it used to mean something when you beat a game" yeah when you were nine you bloated manbaby get a job.

• Like 4

I'm perfectly okay with games adding optional Super Easy Mode or whatever because who actually cares. "oh but it used to mean something when you beat a game" yeah when you were nine you bloated manbaby get a job.

Good point. Whatever gets more people into the genre is good.

What do people think of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds? I need to replace my departed 2DS and I can get a cheap 3DS with a free download of it, but i've literally never played a Zelda game before (actual definition of literally).
Is it accessible to those who have never played a Zelda title?

Link Between Worlds is a great way to get started on the series. People always seem to suggest the 3D titles but I could see people getting a bit overwhelmed with those at first, Link Between Worlds is a great jumping off point - especially since it feels so close to the original.

• Like 1