The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I mean, thank god it's going to go to Nintendo of America because I think their localization team is talented and I have faith that they're going to see that storyline and have the same "oh for god's sake" reaction. I just don't know what they do with that to make it not totally repellant.

Yeah, the NoA localization of Awakening was rock-solid by and large and most of the weird gross stuff (Nowi's outfit, Nowi's supports, Nowi in general) seemed to be holdovers from the Japanese version--even the "delicate flower" characters like Maribelle and Lissa were fleshed out as "WHO WILL KILL YOU ALL" in the supports. I'm not incredibly worried about it--Nintendo has plenty of time to try a new tack with this support altogether--but it does give me pause, especially since the same-sex couplings in the game seem just a wee bit tokenistic. Can't have it all in these games, but I'd hope that a literal CONVERSION THERAPY support conversation wouldn't pass muster because it'd genuinely make me reconsider picking the game up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mario Maker - why don't they have local coop? This game would be so fun for two players. I was thinking "man it would be fun to tackle levels with my husband" and found out there is no local coop.

• Like 2