The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

The 3DS has been hacked to be able to run homebrew titles although it does require the use of former bargin bin title Cubic Ninja, a game that last month was £2.50 on Cex but would now cost you £60. After finding about the exploit Nintendo has pulled the game from the eShop as well.

Edited by TheWho87

As someone who hacked many a Wii, wait it out for right now. More games with that exploit will be found, driving prices down. Plus, it took the Wii Homebrew developers a bit to really have something concise. Still, very promising.

Also, Smash is smashing. It will be my go-to party game for the remainder of my days.

• Like 1

Smash Bros is great. My husband, who has never played SSMB, is addicted. Even when he loses (and he loses a lot because Pikachu is the bomb), he wants to keep playing. That is a sign of a great game. Because my husband quits every game when he loses.

Some of the rest of you guys are also waiting for Christmas, right? If Christmas comes and I want to smash and you guys are all "nah man i played that game out i'm all about this cup and ball now" I'ma be pissed.

Some of the rest of you guys are also waiting for Christmas, right? If Christmas comes and I want to smash and you guys are all "nah man i played that game out i'm all about this cup and ball now" I'ma be pissed.

I talked myself out of buying it at Target today just for you.

• Like 2

Sousa, just play it when the kids aren't looking, rewrap it and put it under the tree. You can morally justify it because the Duck Hunt Dog requires you to play 100 games to unlock, so the kids will already have Duck Hunt Dog on Christmas Day!

Total diversion, but I think we all need to go back and appreciate how fucking awesome the Wii Punch-Out was. One thing I really love is how they take one theme (you really only need to listen to the first minute or so of that to get the idea) and do variations of it for a huge number of different guys, so you go from Disco Kid's funky version to Bear Hugger's hillbilly breakdown to Aran Ryan's Irish jig version.

The two best are probably Soda Popinski's evil Russian march...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zylwvd202o

...and Glass Joe's jazz number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAAP307Iek4

It really is worth grabbing if you can still find it anywhere. Katherine's getting into it now.