The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Oh my god, the Ridley announcement is an even better troll than I imagined.

It is actually pretty great. People have been asking for Ridley to be a playable character for so long, but it is clear that he is too large of a character to work in the game. But having him as this quasi character that you can have join your team is actually the best of both worlds.

Nintendo has confirmed Mewtwo will be free for a period for those who own both the Wii U and 3DS games and that it will be available as paid DLC after. Which confirms - there is gonna be paid DLC.

God, remember when these characters were just unlockable and $50-60 got you the full game?

:shifty:

I've seen people talk before on Ridley, saying that if you can have Charizard in then why not Ridley? I'm not up to speed on my Metroid but Charizard is deceptively small, like only 5'7. I've seen comparisons where Ridley is only a little bigger than Samus in some games and then some where it's a bit more of a gap. Even then, Samus is apparently some 6'3.

• Like 1

God, remember when these characters were just unlockable and $50-60 got you the full game?

I know you were being tongue in cheek when you posted that, but I actually prefer things DLC stuff in some of my games... but only when it is something delayed. It gives me reasons to revisit the game down the road and when there is considerable time between when game release and when the DLC is released, you can at least thing that considerable effort was put into the DLC. With day #1, I feel like it doesn't really create any reasons to revisit the game because it came out on day #1 and my mind instinctively believes that either it should have been included in the game in the first place for free and that it's going to be something rushed.

How important is memory space for the Wii U? Is there any reason you need the 32gb model over the 8gb model? Seems like you can use an SD card to increase space - is that right, or is this one of those situations where you can add an SD card and it'll only let you save like, pictures and save games to it?

Bayonetta 2 and a £60 a month for 3 months deal may have finally convinced me...

ALL RIGHT LOSERS I HAVE SMASH TWINS NOW. FRIEND CODE IS SOMEWHERE IN THIS THREAD. BE MY FRIEND AND DIE AT MY HANDS LIKE DOGS.

Also TKz I don't really now, I usually buy discs. I believe you can use SD cards or an external hard drive for space. We have the 8GB and have been fine.

Edited by Sousa Ho-Tep

I got the 8gb one with a copy of Bayonetta 1 & 2! Should arrive tomorrow! :D

Probably going to pick up Super Mario 3D World at some point so me and Mrs. TKz can play it co-op, is there anything else worth looking into? I'm tempted by Wonderful 101 because Platinum made it and Platinum are the bestest. But seeing as I don't give much of a shit about Zelda or any of the other Nintendo first party titles, I'm not sure what else interests me. Zombie U worth looking into at all?

Another question: anyone know if I can use a Wii Classic Controller for player 2 with a game like Super Mario 3D World?

Sousa Informal Smash Power Rankings:

1. Peach (ALWAYS)

2. Rosalina

3. Bowser with a New Hat

4. Victorian Headhunter Mii Brawler Sousa

5. Lucina (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

6. Greninja

7. Mega Man

8. Duck Hunt

9. Bowser Jr.

10. Shulk

LEAVE THE MEMORIES ALONE:

1. Ice Climbers

2. Ice Climbers

3. Ice Climbers

4. Nana

5. Popo

6. Wolf

7. Wolf's Taunt (WHAT'SAMATTAH, SCAAAAAAAARED?)

8. Ice Climbers

9. Ice Climbers

10. fuck i dunno roy i guess.

I got the 8gb one with a copy of Bayonetta 1 & 2! Should arrive tomorrow! :D

Probably going to pick up Super Mario 3D World at some point so me and Mrs. TKz can play it co-op, is there anything else worth looking into? I'm tempted by Wonderful 101 because Platinum made it and Platinum are the bestest. But seeing as I don't give much of a shit about Zelda or any of the other Nintendo first party titles, I'm not sure what else interests me. Zombie U worth looking into at all?

Another question: anyone know if I can use a Wii Classic Controller for player 2 with a game like Super Mario 3D World?

Welp, if first party stuff doesn't interest you, you've got... well, not really much of anything.

Wonderful 101 has style out the ass but the missions kinda suck and the controls are ehhhhhhhh.

Mario Kart 8 is worth giving a chance even though it's a first-party game. ZombiiU has its flaws but has some cool ideas when it comes to the gamepad and the way it handles respawning and can probably be had for like ten bucks now. So go for it.