The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I get that, it's a great controller, but are they going to start selling it again or something? It's really weird. We (I believe) still have a thousand-year-old Wavebird around the house, but I've gotten comfortable enough with the Classic Controller that I can't see buying an adapter just to play one game.

Considering how many Nintendo first party games on the Wii had alternate controls, I'm guessing all the major first party games will be compatible (Mario Party, Kirby, StarFox), and others will be patched in (Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart, Pikmin?)

EDIT:

I legitimately cannot figure out why the fuck Nintendo keeps doing that. "Here, you can play this new game on this 13-year-old, two-generations-back console controller!"

You're forgetting how creepy the Super Smash fanbase is and what they'll do if there's an extra .0001 frame of lag with wireless controllers compared to wired.

Edited by peteypirahna

I'm looking forward to getting that bundle. I would have loved a wireless version of the same controller really but I'm down with playing console Smash on a GC controller for a third console generation in a row.

Yeah, it's a teensy bit awkward to control with a busted R button and a 3DS that has miles on it already. But I'm looking to upgrade to the New 3DS XL next year so I'm making do.