UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

I know, but it's very boring. And I mean like after 15 seconds or so in the clinch, it just breaks with no ref involvement, and say after five mount-to-sit-to-mount cycles, your guy breaks out of the sitting position or something. Kinda like with American football, you get you're chances, it's up to you to make use of them.

You could always just reverse it. Transition before your opponents able to or hold the right stick, stopping him from going back to mount before you transition out. Or catch him in a submission if you are stuck in the mount. There's quite a few ways to avoid just sitting in the same position for 20 seconds.

You say it like its easy.

One more victory away from the 50 wins trophy. Still need about 5 more submissions though for that trophy despite my initial good start with submissions (I had 9 KOs to 8 subs at one point), though I'm kinda happy to just be winning at all after my drought the other day.

Had it for 5 days now and my ground game is improving, though I am still finding it impossible to get to mount. I can transition to half guard and to side control, but then I always seem to go for the submission (which I also seem to suck at, can't spin the stick fast enough). All but 3 of my wins has come by knockout, some of which I am really proud with. Superman-punch FTW.

I can now submit the computer in my career. It's all about cardio. Get the opponent on his back in the mount, then just throw body punches and roll around as much as possible. Then slap on the armbar or choke and you win!

Escaping the clinch is fucking impossible.

Had the same problem at one point until I stopped being dumb and realised it's actually not that hard to reverse the clinch. If he's throwing punches, you simply flick the RS upwards and you take control of it. If he's throwing knees, flick it down and you'll take him down. If he's spamming knees or punches, simply spam up or down on the RS, whichever one. The only problem is the deadly knees where they pull your head down, which I'm still working on defending better.

Escaping the clinch is fucking impossible.

Had the same problem at one point until I stopped being dumb and realised it's actually not that hard to reverse the clinch. If he's throwing punches, you simply flick the RS upwards and you take control of it. If he's throwing knees, flick it down and you'll take him down. If he's spamming knees or punches, simply spam up or down on the RS, whichever one. The only problem is the deadly knees where they pull your head down, which I'm still working on defending better.

You just have to block the knee while trying to reverse the whip. I think if you push the RS in the same direction he does, you break free.

As for getting from side control to mount, I had the same problem for a while before realizing that if you hold L1, it changes the transition you do. When your in side control, let go of every other button and then do the motion to get to mount. Same to sit up from mount, if you hold L1 while you do that you'll go back to side control.

Has anyone knocked their opponent out while they're on top of you? I always wondered if that's even possible. If their stamina is pretty much gone, but they happen to counter you and take you down, could you throw a few shots to his head and knock him out? I just think it would be cool to see someone get knocked out and end up laying on you in a defeated position.

As for getting from side control to mount, I had the same problem for a while before realizing that if you hold L1, it changes the transition you do. When your in side control, let go of every other button and then do the motion to get to mount. Same to sit up from mount, if you hold L1 while you do that you'll go back to side control.

Don't need to press L1. Major transition will get you from side control to mount and from down in the mount to postured up. Some fighters can go from side control to posturing up in the mount with L1 and a minor transition.

Aye, try a minor transition (up and right...well, you know what minor works best for you) and that will give you a good chance of grabbing the oppo's head. From there, major transition and hopefully you'll both move to a standing position, providing he doesn't block it. I've found the less stamina I have (or the later in the fight it is) it's harder to pull off.

Also, don't panic. That has been my downfall whenever I've been taken to the ground. Now I just calmly roll the R analog in whichever transition I choose and it works, depending on the position of the downed fighters obviously.