Smackdown vs Raw 2010: It's Your World Now

Hutch2004

I can only speak for HBK's Road To Wrestlemania, but if the others are the same length I think some will be very disappointed. It starts before Royal Rumble and ends at the upcoming Wrestlemania. So that's all of 3 PPVs. So do the math. So 20 weeks of matches at the most. I'd say half had mundane stipulations and some weren't even matches and just ended abruptly.

Will be trading this in Wednesday.

The creations for CAWs is very nice though, and I only toyed with Story Designer for a 2nd but it bored me. Not a flaw of the system, just not my gig.

I can only speak for HBK's Road To Wrestlemania, but if the others are the same length I think some will be very disappointed. It starts before Royal Rumble and ends at the upcoming Wrestlemania. So that's all of 3 PPVs. So do the math. So 20 weeks of matches at the most. I'd say half had mundane stipulations and some weren't even matches and just ended abruptly.

Will be trading this in Wednesday.

The creations for CAWs is very nice though, and I only toyed with Story Designer for a 2nd but it bored me. Not a flaw of the system, just not my gig.

...That's pretty much been the case since they introduced Road To WrestleMania though? I really don't think anyone was buying this for the RTWM's which I think we all already knew were going to be naff.

Is it possible to transfer storylines on the CAS mode as a simple video file that then can be placed onto somewhere like Youtube?

The whole mode is to create your own HCTP esque storylines that you can play through, I doubt they'd include something like that.

Just got it as well. Messed around in CAW, Create a Story, Create an Entrance Movie, and played the beginning of the CAW RTWM. Caw has improved load times that are very noticeable. I did notice that if you place certain things on top of one another, the lower layer will clip through the top layer, appearing like a game glitch. Not sure if this fixes itself once the wrestler is fully rendered.

The Road to Wrestlemania storyline for the CAW has been fun so far.

One of the first challenges I had to face was beating up Vladimir Koslov and Ezekiel Jackson backstage after disrespecting Mr. McMahon.

I'll be playing some more later today. One thing I hate is that the code to unlock Stone Cold requires XBOX live, which I don't have :(

I haven't messed around with Story Designer yet, which is obviously the big addition this year, but I have to say I'm actually impressed with the core game. LOADS more moves per Superstar, lots of little tweaks to the gameplay, I'm actually having fun playing matches, which I haven't been able to say about every Smackdown game in the past. I just had an awesome six-man tag with Stone Cold, Jeff Hardy & R-Truth vs. Legacy, and it went over 20 minutes. When you get the game though, bump the difficulty up to at least Hard and toggle the sliders a bit, because playing on Normal is typical Smackdown: AI just stands there, you beat the crap out of them, match is over in two minutes. And what's also awesome is you can bump up Road To WrestleMania difficulty this year.

It's too early for me to say for certain if the game achieves greatness, but this is the first time in years that I feel like I'm playing a new WWE game.

Is it easy enough to perform said moves without it turning into a reversal fest?

Also, is it possible to have singles matches last about 10 minutes as opposed to 5 minutes tops before you're hitting your finisher and winning? The fact you're complimenting the gameplay though is making me want to buy it.

One last thing...

Was Legacy's new/current music-making put in or classed as too late to do so, meaning it's the priceless theme?

EDIT: Btw, Zero, I demand a special KoRadio episode dedicated to SDVR

Edited by Baddar D

I just had a Hardcore match with Evan Bourne (me) vs. Tommy Dreamer (CPU) that went over ten minutes. Dreamer was reversing a bit too much, but that's probably because I bumped the sliders up too much. I'll see how it goes after some more tweaks. The match was awesome though, back and forth all over the place, I miss the Shooting Star, Dreamer throws me outside, nails me with a reverse DDT, picks me up and then the Dreamer DDT and I'm done for 1-2-3. Dreamer retains the Hardcore Title.

And yes, Legacy's new theme is in. Only music that's noticeably absent is Evan Bourne's. Natalya's Hart Dynasty music might not be in either, but I haven't checked yet.

Man, it's gonna take me a while to get used to the new rumble. It's definitely more of a challenge, but way more fun.

Just having played a few matches, I can say that this game is a remarkable improvement over last years. Playing as the team of Ziggler/Punk/Jericho won't get old anytime soon, I think. :-D

I just went up to grab the game, even though Stone Cold was a pre-order exclusive every copy they had was one of them. Thanks to a trade I only spent 18 bucks which is a pretty good deal considering I traded in games that came out months ago. Looking forward to playing it tonight.

I just got this game based entirely off Zero's reccomendation and I have to say I am not dissapointed. I am currently playing my first match after the training thing (when knocked down near the bottom rope, they grab it.. good sign for realism) and now I do my "I want to see their entrances" first match. R-Truth.. which is awesome versus The Brian Kendrick.