The England thread

Dyer has missed another sitter, should've had two.

2-0's a bad result, because it glosses over another terrible performance.

The worst part is, there's going to be some people who say 'I knew we'd come could', 'McClaren's getting the idea now..!' when it's nothing like that, at all.

Big question, I know we (England) were poor tonight, and on Saturday, but who pays real money to fly to Barcelona, get accommodation and tickets, only to start booing from the twentieth minute. Support the fucking team you complete and utter knobheads! If I was Stevie G I wouldn't have ran to the crowd to celebrate, I'd have done it in the centre circle.

Scotland's group is ridiculously open now. Whose idea was it to have France, Italy AND Ukraine in the same group anyways? At least one of them was going to miss out, and that's not right. Group C has Greece, Turkey, Hungary and Norway, none of those are of the level of France or Italy so how were the groups decided like that? I wish I understood the retarded seeding and ranking system FIFA uses. I mean, does it only seed in accordance to Euro2004? Or does it take into account all events? Or does it take anything into account? :unsure:

But yeah. I wouldn't like to be a country facing Scotland or Northern Ireland right now.

The performance at the previous "big 4" Championships is taken into account to work out seeding pools. Meaning if you have qualified for the past 4 you will be a 1st or 2nd seed... And qualifying group positions matter, so N.I. are a 4th seed after continouly finishing 4th in thier groups while Wales are 5th seeds.

EDIT: Plus there are only fourteen places available for Euro 2008 as Austria and Switzerland are hosting... meaning there are only 7 groups for qualification...

Edited by Flat_Doughnut

It hasn't been mentioned but the Republic of Ireland both won and played well, Damien Duff actually bothered to play and Stephen Hunt is slowly becoming my favourite subsitute.

Just thinking...Robbie Keane suspended...Ireland play well.....could be a connection.. :shifty:

Edited by The Lonesome Hobo

After seeing Nugent yesterday I can see why he's seen as the Trundle of the Championship, arrogant self centred twat. "Yay look at me, I can run after a ball and blast it in from the line with noone near me!" Gotta say that Stevie G showed some fight and was pretty much the only one of the starters who looked really up for it and played his heart out (okay so the defence didn't get to do much) always looking like the one who'd nick us something and did so.

After seeing Nugent yesterday I can see why he's seen as the Trundle of the Championship, arrogant self centred twat. "Yay look at me, I can run after a ball and blast it in from the line with noone near me!" Gotta say that Stevie G showed some fight and was pretty much the only one of the starters who looked really up for it and played his heart out (okay so the defence didn't get to do much) always looking like the one who'd nick us something and did so.

Trundle's superb.

& so is Nugent, you see one interview and say that? lol, right.