The England thread

I massively approve of this England squad, Carrick and all. Hodgson built one of the oldest teams in the league at Fulham, so it's good to see him taking a slightly more proactive stance to bringing youth through than Capello - though much of me suspects it's only this way because he doesn't want to piss off Prem managers by choosing their top stars so soon to the start of the season. Either way it's a step in the right direction.

Not entirely sure why Joe Hart is in the squad really. Roy may aswell use this game to find out just who his number two is.

However, I can't think of who the third keeper should be though pinch.gif

That's probably it. If he doesn't pick Hart, then he either picks Rob Green or...Jason Steele? Yeah. Our goalkeeper talent pool is pathetically small.

Yeah, I was a little surprised. I mean, he didn't even get selected for the Olympic team. He's looked decent and I'm sure he'll keep improving, but he's certainly not England quality yet. But I guess that's what these kind of games are for, give some players experience around first team players, see what they can do etc.