General Television Thread

Hellfire

I noticed something watching this weeks Californication. Rob Lowe's goatee looks so incredibly fake. Although he does tend to come out with some insane but wonderful lines.

Guest mr. potato head

Studio 60 got a full season in the end, though it stopped being about an SNL clone and started being about 9/11 and Bush and Afghanistan and pregnancies.

I still haven't watched all of Studio 60. I've seen like 10 or 111 episodes and loved them all, but the fact that I knew there wasn't much more of it just killed my desire to watch the rest.

So, UK Skins, Season 5. It's atrocious but I just can't turn away. There's so much wrong and there isn't really anything I could say I like about it, but I enjoy it nonetheless :shifty:

YI is right, Rusty's luck with women in Greek is really quite disgusting.

Episodes is like... alright. There was one episode I hated, a couple I liked and one was just... there. Or have there been 5 so far? The main couple are just too annoying for me to find funny, especially Tamsin Greig whose character has no redeeming qualities at all, but the supporting cast are pretty decent and I prefer it to about 90% of comedies I've seen before.

So I got all caught up on Episodes, and it does not get much better. Beverly is such a terrible terrible character, and her character arc is beyond retarded. It does not help that she has no redeeming qualities that would make me like her, and her

fucking LeBlanc

isn't going to do anything to change that when her husband's character is quite charming and likable. That said, I am surprised we are already to the season end this Sunday. Quite the short run, even for a Showtime series. I just kept expecting to to finally find its footing and get better.

Glad to hear I don't have to catch up on that sorry waste of time, then.

I caught up last night, and seeing as there is just one more to go I will finish it, but really it is terrible.

Chicago Code however might be my new favorite show. I have never watched The Shield, but now I want to knowing it is from the same guy. Quality stuff.

Glad to hear I don't have to catch up on that sorry waste of time, then.

I caught up last night, and seeing as there is just one more to go I will finish it, but really it is terrible.

Chicago Code however might be my new favorite show. I have never watched The Shield, but now I want to knowing it is from the same guy. Quality stuff.

Yeah, I've heard how awesome The Shield is and haven't gotten around to it yet but The Chicago Code is awesome. Will definitely help motivate me to finally getting around to seeing The Shield, for sure.

Maybe one of the few but I've really enjoyed Episodes. Never been a fan of Tamsin or Stephen yet found I've loved them in this.

Anybody heard much on Breakout Kings? The return of T-Bag for one episode :w00t:

Yeah from the creators of Prison Break, it has a neat sounding concept.

So, I watched the first episode of Entourage yesterday. Meh, not really into it. I don't think I'll continue watching it.

I also watched the first episode of Mad Love, which aired about a week ago. I didn't think Tyler Labine and Sarah Chalke could go wrong, but the writing is pretty horrendous in my opinion. Anyone else watched it?

Other than that, Community and Californication continue to be my favorite shows. I'm not really sure what else I should check out, I'm open for recommendations.

Yeah, I never "got" Mad Men. I appreciate the effort they've gone to with the historical accuracy and whatnot, but the characters are one-dimensional and the storylines slow-burning with no real satisfying pay-off, and most of the dialogue is horrendously written. It's got its moments of seeming effortlessly cool, but as a whole it's pretty underwhelming.

Guest mr. potato head

Mad Love, Skummy, not Mad Men. :P

I did watch the premiere, and "horrendous" is worse than what I'd say about it, but I'd be very surprised if it ever got good (in the EWB sense, not the Two and a Half Men/popular sense). Every sitcom improves once they have to stop explaining who the characters are all the time, so I'll certainly give Mad Love a few more chances (if only because it's a convenient timeslot, right after HIMYM), but I'm not expecting brilliance.

Does anyone ever think it's incredibly odd when a show plays episodes out of order? The Chicago Code will air its 3rd episode tonight, but the production code is 110. Next week will be 111. The 5th episode is 104 and who knows when they will air the episode that in theory should have been the 3rd one they finished. It just seems like a show that has an overarching theme shouldn't be able to randomly switch episodes from 10th to 3rd and still tell a cohesive story.

If you like The Chicago Code, you have to track down The Shield, its phenomenal. I'd say the Chicago Code is a bit more approachable, but that's because it's a basic cable show. The Shield displays what Shawn Ryan can do when he's unleashed, and the results are one of the best television shows ever.

If you like The Chicago Code, you have to track down The Shield, its phenomenal. I'd say the Chicago Code is a bit more approachable, but that's because it's a basic cable show. The Shield displays what Shawn Ryan can do when he's unleashed, and the results are one of the best television shows ever.

I've got all of The Shield's seasons on DVD and have to eventually sit down and watch it from start to finish. The 4+ seasons that I saw of the show were amazing and the Season 5 finale is one of the best episodes of TV I can remember, but I lost track of it early on in Season 6 with work and school getting in the way and didn't see any of the final season.