General Television Thread

Hellfire

If you watch baseball, each team plays a three-hour game 6 or 7 times a week between April and September.

Edit: Instead of making a new post, I wanted to talk about my revelation last night. I was watching The Wonder Years on HUB last night and decided to look up who the narrator was. It is none other than...

Daniel Stern (Marv from Home Alone, Phil from City Slickers and Brickma from Rookie of the Year)

I didn't see that coming at all. He talks so goofy in all of those movies.

Lights Out is fantastic. And its ratings are worse than Terriers. Fuck you FX.

Shit, no way?

This better make it to a second season; when has a down-on-your-luck boxing story ever not had mass appeal, especially when done as well as this one?

Well, it won't. They announced today that they won't renew it for a second season.

Lights Out is fantastic. And its ratings are worse than Terriers. Fuck you FX.

Shit, no way?

This better make it to a second season; when has a down-on-your-luck boxing story ever not had mass appeal, especially when done as well as this one?

Well, it won't. They announced today that they won't renew it for a second season.

Die in a fire, FX.

On an unrelated note, that new Sherlock show is great. Sucks that they're only doing three-episode seasons, though. =\

Edited by Mysterio2000X

Yep RIP Lights Out.

I finished the UK version of Life On Mars last night. Awesome. Loved the ending. Now a question. Is it worth it to locate and watch Ashes To Ashes? Is it just a procedural featuring Gene Hunt or is there more to it?

The Sopranos remains incredibly fun. On to episode six and all of them have been great fun. Very well episode contained whilst still moving stories onwards at a good pace, hopefully it keeps up. I've got a feeling Uncle Junior is going to be more trouble than he's worth :shifty:

Loving Community and Six Feet Under at the moment. Six Feet Under is awesome and isn't as depressing as I thought it'd be, and the interaction between characters is just superb. And they've managed to make all the characters annoying in different ways but likeable overall, which is quite the feat. And Community is fantastic too. Troy and Abed are fucking incredible :wub:

So I watched the first episode of Ashes To Ashes and....it's LOM in the 80's with a female version of Sam? Not impressed. I will (eventually) continue watching it, but I have too many other shows to try out.

Speaking of which, five episodes into Season 3 of The Shield and I fucking love it. It just keeps getting better so far.

And holy shit at Aceveda being forced to suck that guy's dick in the last episode I saw. I could not fucking believe it when I saw it. And there is a picture of it too. Jesus this show is warped.

I just finished Lost.

I'm going to skip the long and epic rant and just say: It was okay.

How dare you :angry:

Anyway, is Breaking Bad worth starting on? As usual almost every show I watch has gone on a break (which seems to happen every god damn fortnight or so with US television) and I'm looking to start on something. I never watched anything of Dexter up until late last year and that turned out to be outstanding. I've heard good things about BB too, is it something that is great straight off of the bat though?