General Television Thread

Hellfire

I just checked out info for a potential quiz on Family Matters, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that FM crossed over with Boy Meets World, Full House, Step by Step, and a few others. Did anyone else know this?

There's been a lull in TV these days so I've bingewatched stuff I was behind on. The Leftovers was just completely phenomenal. I had seen S1 when it aired, but missed S2 and S3, but now that I've seen them, this will probably go down as one of my favourite TV shows of all time.The sheer emotion of it, the score, the acting, the story, everything is just completely fantastic.

Decided to watch Westworld next, which was average, mostly because I really didn't find it to be character driven and more about just throwing out lots and lots and lots of plot. I found it very hard to connect with the show because they didn't make me care for the characters, so after the few eps I was a little bored. I will probably watch it whenever season 2 comes back though, because I do think there's potential for improvement there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KingofHarts_OH said:

I just checked out info for a potential quiz on Family Matters, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that FM crossed over with Boy Meets World, Full House, Step by Step, and a few others. Did anyone else know this?

Yes. I don't remember the other crossovers so much, but Urkel made a jetpack that went haywire, and landed (crashed) in their back yard on Step By Step. 

And the actress who played the younger daughter that vanished without a trace after several seasons on FM did adult films later on.

9 hours ago, Moses Julep said:

There's been a lull in TV these days so I've bingewatched stuff I was behind on. The Leftovers was just completely phenomenal. I had seen S1 when it aired, but missed S2 and S3, but now that I've seen them, this will probably go down as one of my favourite TV shows of all time.The sheer emotion of it, the score, the acting, the story, everything is just completely fantastic.

QFE.

Spoiler

I found it stunning that they both gave you an answer that feels fulfilling and also left it open to decide if you believed it or not, especially when they said they weren't going to ever address that question.

Did you know that CBS is developing a pilot based on LA Confidential? Just wait because it gets stranger because Walton Goggins has been cast as one of the leads!

I mean, good for Goggins and I like the LA Confidential story but the CBS part of the equation is questionable. Maybe they end up realizing it would work better elsewhere like another CBS pilot with strong ties to Justified, Sneaky Pete. 

1 hour ago, livid said:

Did you know that CBS is developing a pilot based on LA Confidential? Just wait because it gets stranger because Walton Goggins has been cast as one of the leads!

I mean, good for Goggins and I like the LA Confidential story but the CBS part of the equation is questionable. Maybe they end up realizing it would work better elsewhere like another CBS pilot with strong ties to Justified, Sneaky Pete. 

Ever since I first watched Justified and SoA, I have been a fan of Walton Goggins. He was great in The Hateful 8.

Spoiler

I would have liked to see him as a maybe someone who kidnapped Rita, Astor, and Cody while Rita was pregnant. Then, when Dexter reaches him, he kills Astor and Cody before Dexter kills him.

Spoiler

Then Rita dies the same way she did in the show.

Edited by KingofHarts_OH

I've watched nearly all of Father Ted today. Oops.

EDIT: ok I just finished it. I forgot Dermot Morgan died the day after they finished filming the show (with the anniversary of his and Frank Kelly's death next Tuesday). How heartbreaking :(

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, KingofHarts_OH said:

Ever since I first watched Justified and SoA, I have been a fan of Walton Goggins. He was great in The Hateful 8.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

This spoiler tag pertains to the show Dexter, just thought I'd point it out to anyone who somehow might not have seen it (and is planning to) as it isn't stated anywhere in the post. Random.

Walton Goggins is one of my favourite actors mind.

• Thanks 1

I'm 18 months behind, but I powered through The Night Of this last week or so. Really enjoyed it!

Spoiler

Shame about no definitive conclusion, as you're left to make your own mind up about who killed Andrea, but the most satisfying part was John adopting the cat by the end. :wub:

• Like 2

Finally getting round to, and enjoying, Cowboy Bebop. Been a little slow with TV lately, prioritising films, so this is a great show to watch in-between, it's also get some fantastic dubbed voice acting which I usually wouldn't be that in for. Definitely living up to the hype, thus far. Really need to catch up on so much TV.

I think it's a show you could easily put in between watching episodes of other shows as like a palette-cleanser. The majority of the episodes are so self-contained that it doesn't feel like a binge show, or a show you really need to commit a major amount of continuity brain space to; the main plot is in like... five or six episodes, and then there's an additional three or four episodes where crew members arrive and crew members leave.

• Like 1

Started watching Goodnight Sweetheart. Currently on series 2, episode 2. It's eh. It's alright, it's a fun concept, but I feel like it hasn't lived up to its potential as of yet, and to be honest, it's not particularly funny, either.