General Television Thread

Hellfire

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/conan-obrien-tbs-half-hour-late-night-1202796760/

:( Damn, how did I miss this? Just saw his final hour-long show tonight where he announced these changes. I guess you've gotta adapt with the times, and I'm happy he's got so many other projects he's working on, but this kinda bums me out. Been watching Conan loyally since he started in 1993 and I'm sure I'll watch his half-hour show and other stuff too, but its going to be so weird not having the band there, Conan integrated the band members into comedy sketches a lot more than any other talk show hosts do, they were as much a part of the show as anything else. Only one celebrity interview and no musical guests? That's going to take some getting used to, to say the least.

On 28/09/2018 at 23:56, GhostMachine said:

Eh. I gave up after two episodes. Heidi lasted one more before she did, too.

I'm glad LAST MAN STANDING is back, but....the new Mandy SUCKS. I get that they had to recast, but they went from a 5'1" brunette to a 5'10" blonde. The fun thing about the character was that she was a non-blonde airhead. Now that the character is played by a blonde....meh. And the new actress isn't good at all. (They also recast Boyd. But really, who cares?)

I've only seen one clip but I don't hate her? Like, she looks enough like the old Mandy that I instantly reconized her as Mandy. The height thing is off-putting though, especially if they pull a Becky and switch back at some point.

11 hours ago, Ruki said:

I finished Adventure Time. What a wonderful show. 

Spoiler

The finale didn't feel very final, which I found to be strangely wonderful. I loved the message of "things change, things end, but despite all that, life will go on, so just live life, do your best, and enjoy it."

Also BMO as King of Ooo > *

1 hour ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

The finale didn't feel very final, which I found to be strangely wonderful. I loved the message of "things change, things end, but despite all that, life will go on, so just live life, do your best, and enjoy it."

Also BMO as King of Ooo > *

Agreed!

I didn't even realize it was the finale until

Betty took over Golb and she saved Simon. And the flash forwards showing everyone was great! And PB and Marcaline!

On 21/10/2018 at 23:05, Owen said:

God damn Breaking Bad. S5E11 is wild. I'm only halfway through the episode but holy shit.

... I just finished the episode. 'Holy shit' is right.

As @TCO said, I'm also jealous of you being a first-time viewer. 

Sit back and enjoy the ride that S5 takes you on. 

I say sit back, you'll struggle. 

On 22/10/2018 at 10:36, TCO said:

I wish I could experience BB for the first time again. Jealous!

1 minute ago, Liam Mk2 said:

As @TCO said, I'm also jealous of you being a first-time viewer. 

Sit back and enjoy the ride that S5 takes you on. 

I say sit back, you'll struggle. 

Oh, it's not the first time! I've watched it all through before but that was about 4 years ago so I'd forgotten most of it. I'm onto Better Call Saul now, at the end of season 2. It's pretty good! Not as good as Breaking Bad tbh, but still good.

• Like 1

On 21/10/2018 at 10:56, TCO said:

The Haunting of Hill House is a must watch even if you're vaugely into horror.

I'm only half way though but I need a break after episode 5, I'm too emotionally shook to continue!

What sort of horror is it? I'm intrigued. Is it a jump-scare sort or mainly paranormal? 

I'm a big wimp. 

24 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

What sort of horror is it? I'm intrigued. Is it a jump-scare sort or mainly paranormal? 

I'm a big wimp. 

It's both really. There are jump scares but they're used conservatively and effectively!

It's an amazing show, you shouldn't miss out. Very well done horror is rare and this absolutely nails it!

• Like 1