General Television Thread

Hellfire

Totally digging the new Sabrina show, finds a nice balance between camp and horror and episode five felt like something closely tied to Buffy. It's not perfect by any means, but I'm so here for something to even start filling the void that Buffy left and I think it's doing a lot of things right, which makes it real fun to watch. 

• Like 1

Source material is the comic Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, not the TV show which was based on the comic Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I'm guessing there's definitely a lot of people out there very confused if they start watching expecting a family friendly sitcom. <_<

I really like the twist on it. I watched Sabrina as a kid and had no idea it was based on a comic, much less one in the same universe as Archie.

If I was describing the tone and presentation of this series to someone who hasn't seen it, I'd say it's a bit like if American Horror Story had a slightly lower age rating.

4 minutes ago, LittleDaniel said:

But what if I find Nick Kroll suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper grating?

I would still suggest it. I wasn't sure of it for awhile for similar reasons but I eventually gave it a shot and love it. It helps that his best work on the show is as people other than his main character. Plus, John Mulaney and Maya Rudolph are amazing in it so that makes up for it too. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Big Mouth is ridiculous and great. I just finished the first season, which is definitely hit and miss, but it's worth it when it hits. 

Finished Sabrina - flawed but loads of potential for a second season and I was totally into it. 

• Like 2