General Television Thread

Hellfire

Crave - the subscription service here in Canada that contained HBO shows in a limited capacity just updated to a $19 dollar model that includes movies, all HBO shows (including new episodes the day after) and some series that were left off before.

Is Deadwood worth picking up a sub for a month?

I started watching Gotham and the first episode seemed to be at 100mph, and some of the acting was so forced. Although I liked the potential for the Penguin character.

I have mainly wanted to get into the show as the second season looked terrific, and I've heard the first season is mostly a big load of meh.  

9 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I started watching Gotham and the first episode seemed to be at 100mph, and some of the acting was so forced. Although I liked the potential for the Penguin character.

I have mainly wanted to get into the show as the second season looked terrific, and I've heard the first season is mostly a big load of meh.  

I worked my way through the first season, but the season finale completely broke me as far as rushed storylines and non-sensical character decisions are concerned.

I never even bothered getting back to the show and watching season two, even if it's a lot better than season one.

Season 2 is really fun though, it feels like they actually realised what show they were trying to make, while season 1 has a weird tonal shift towards that halfway through which throws it a bit. I've been meaning to watch 3 for ages... 

• Like 1

Everything after Season 1 is at least 'fine', with some really neat bits. 

We started watching RIVERDALE on Netflix a few days ago. I don't like some of the changes, but others don't bother me. 

Season one was pretty good, as the mystery of who the killer was wasn't obvious at all. But we're a few episodes into Season two, and I already figured out who the bad guy is. Shouldn't have shown closeups. Especially when tv has HD.

Hal Cooper is a suck fuck for doing what he's doing to his own daughter.

10 hours ago, Moses Julep said:

Three episodes of Homecoming and it may be the best bit of TV I've seen all year. Hope it keeps up because I'm hooked.

10000% agreed. I'm approaching the end and this show is fantastic. Everything from the acting to the music to the cinematography and directing. Just top notch stuff.

Now that we're getting towards the end of the year I can safely say that this will be my #1 show of 2018. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. EWB's Favorite Show 2018 voting will open on up like a week and a day from now. That's all.

(I fucked up on running Favorite Movie, sorry about that, let's all agree that Lady Bird won)

• Like 5

It's amazing story telling. Honestly, I didn't really think it was that much horror. There's definitely some scares, some good jump scares, but it's overall much more a great story than anything. I can't recommend it enough to you.

5 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Hey. EWB's Favorite Show 2018 voting will open on up like a week and a day from now. That's all.

(I fucked up on running Favorite Movie, sorry about that, let's all agree that Lady Bird won)

Well, Lady Bird was the best movie of last year. 

Really have no clue what was the best TV show this year so far. Got some stuff I haven't even finished (Fargo, Westworld) and just so much stuff on my watchlist I haven't even began yet (the Marvel stuff, Haunting of Hill House, Sharper Objects), but I'm just gonna say Trollhunters is the best so far this year :shifty:

On 23/11/2018 at 19:18, Benjamin said:

Well, Lady Bird was the best movie of last year. 

Really have no clue what was the best TV show this year so far. Got some stuff I haven't even finished (Fargo, Westworld) and just so much stuff on my watchlist I haven't even began yet (the Marvel stuff, Haunting of Hill House, Sharper Objects), but I'm just gonna say Trollhunters is the best so far this year :shifty:

If it helps on time, Fargo isn't eligible this year because season 3 was released last year! Finished #47.

Personally, my two big to-dos are finishing season 2 of The Deuce and seeing if I can get far enough into Barry to have a strong take before the cutoff point for votes.

• Like 1