General Television Thread

Hellfire

So, Disney+ is officially going to be bundled together with Hulu and ESPN+ when it launches. All of that costs $12.99. No word on if Hulu is the ad free version or not, but honestly, that plus Disney+ for that price is well worth it.

I'm not exactly sure how UFC shows work on ESPN+, but either way. That's a great deal.

7 minutes ago, tristy said:

So, Disney+ is officially going to be bundled together with Hulu and ESPN+ when it launches. All of that costs $12.99. No word on if Hulu is the ad free version or not, but honestly, that plus Disney+ for that price is well worth it.

I'm not exactly sure how UFC shows work on ESPN+, but either way. That's a great deal.

• Like 1

So in the past two weeks I've watched every season of Veronica Mars and Marvel's Runaways, started ER and 11/22/63, and watched the first episode of the Beverley Hills 90210 revival.

• I don't know why I never watched Veronica Mars before last week, but I'm glad I live in a time where I can binge everything at once because that cliffhanger for S3 would have been painful, waiting for the movie and eventual S4 yearssss later. Really good show - I hope S5 is going to be a thing. The new season is really sad, but it gives them a chance to completely remake the show if another season happens.
  • I know this isn't the Marvel TV thread, but Runaways is really good too. Not too many thoughts since it's not the right thread, but Julian McMahon remains awesome and none of these kids are likable in large doses. Or the parents. Everyone is horrible, and I guess that's the point.
  • Kinda just watching ER in the background to be honest. 11/22/63 is interesting but it's one of those shows that I have to sit down and actually watch, instead of watch and browse the internet/look at my phone at certain times. But it's good!
  • Never seen the original 90210, have no desire to, but I like how this version is meta and not just "hey let's go back to this world and everyone is older etc". At the end of the episode, the reason they find to reboot the show is pretty funny. Tori Spelling is super self-deprecating, probably the stand out in this episode. They pay tribute to Luke Perry at the end, and of course it's really sad. I think that's the second time they mention him - once at the beginning, and at the end. The way this show is set-up, I wouldn't be surprised if Jungle Boy is in it at some point.
Edited by tristy

Finally got around to season two of GLOW and finished it last night in time for season three. It was wonderful, and I find myself really enamoured with Debbie/Liberty Belle as a character for her complexities. I both want to dislike her and like her because I am programmed to see good guys and bad guys, but instead find her to just be entirely human.

My sister is doing a watch of Sons of Anarchy, so I've watched the few episodes with her (the last two episodes of season 5 and the first episode of season 6) while I play WMMA and do other shit during this three day weekend. Holy shit, this show is so fucking bad. Like, it's a teen drama meets biker gangster. The lead's mum gets her own love triangle and shit. Every episode even ends in a montage with some slow song playing in the background. How can anyone watch this drivel.  

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

My sister is doing a watch of Sons of Anarchy, so I've watched the few episodes with her (the last two episodes of season 5 and the first episode of season 6) while I play WMMA and do other shit during this three day weekend. Holy shit, this show is so fucking bad. Like, it's a teen drama meets biker gangster. The lead's mum gets her own love triangle and shit. Every episode even ends in a montage with some slow song playing in the background. How can anyone watch this drivel.  

I didn;t find it that bad, and anyone I spoke too was entertained by it too. 

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

It was much better in the earlier seasons. Much more fun and less po-faced and serious.

The first season especially was good, of Sons of Anarchy. I enjoyed the whole thing, but it really fell off the rails when it became obvious that it had an originally planned ending for the Shakespearean story they were telling, but then the show just kept going.

Oh, yeah, no, Sons of Anarchy had fallen off the deep end by that point. Season 4 was the last watchable, if not great, season.

On 22/07/2019 at 13:12, Moses Julep said:

Veronica Mars finale:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

When I realized what was about to happen I paused for like five minutes. I basically knew that A Bad Thing happened in the finale and I was definitely prepared and confident it was Logan-related, but the fakeout with him seemingly leaving her at the altar threw me off for a minute.

That being said, I'm perfectly fine with it going down that way even if I'm not in love with Penn being the big bad of the season. Overall it was a really strong return and I hope they do more live-action Veronica Mars stuff sometime soon.

Finished watching season one of WU ASSASSINS on Netflix. Hope there's a season two.

(The main bad guy is played by Tommy Flanagan, who played "Chibs" on SONS OF ANARCHY.)

Also have been watching THE GREAT BRITISH BAKING SHOW, aka THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE-OFF. Just got done watching the season where they changed channels, so different hosts and one of the judges. I actually am familiar with the newer hosts from previous work they've done....and I liked the previous hosts better, despite having no clue who either were prior to watching the show.