General Television Thread

Hellfire

Stephen Collins - Captain Decker from Star Trek: The Motion Picture, a regular on season 2 of Revolution, and former 7th Heaven cast member - is under investigation by NYPD for child molestation.

You hear Collins flatly confess to molesting an 11-year-old New York girl -- a relative of his first wife -- saying, "There was one moment of touching where her hand, I put her hand on my penis." He also acknowledges exposing himself to the girl "a couple of times" ... he says when she was 11, 12 and 13.

Grant asks, "When you exposed yourself ... did you have an erection?" He responds, "No, I mean, no. Partial, maybe I think."

Grant then inquires about other girls. Collins mentions an L.A. girl who lived in their neighborhood, but says he tried righting the wrong by apologizing to her years later.

And then they talk about yet another girl. It's incredible ... Collins has trouble keeping the girls straight, but then he gets clear and confirms the incident. We're told this girl was also from New York and was between 12 and 13 at the time.

Anyone else watched the A to Z pilot? I fucking loved it. Ben Feldman and Cristin Milioti were really great and they had incredible chemistry together. Not sure how the writing is going to play out, but if both of them keep up being such an amazing tandem I might not end up caring.

• Like 1

The Flash's debuted to better ratings than Agents did last night. I wouldn't bet on Agents getting a 3 season unless they turn this around.

Were people not expecting that to happen? It's a highly-advertised series premiere, if Agents had done better that would have been pretty bad for The Flash.

• Like 2

Were people not expecting that to happen? It's a highly-advertised series premiere, if Agents had done better that would have been pretty bad for The Flash.

Flash is a CW show, which 2 years ago meant that it should have been trounced in the ratings even by lesser ABC shows. But ABC is a sinking ship now and Agents is sinking week by week.

Right but GoGo's point is that the premiere of The Flash was always going to get higher ratings than a random episode of a show in its second season because that's how series premieres work. See what it does next week.

Though you shouldn't take overnight ratings as anything other than random numbers these days anyways.

Edited by livid

Right but GoGo's point is that the premiere of The Flash was always going to get higher ratings than a random episode of a show in its second season because that's how series premieres work. See what it does next week.

Though you shouldn't take overnight ratings as anything other than random numbers these days anyways.

Well, not really. This is the largest CW premiere in 5-6 years. So I don't think it was a given it would beat Agents.

It wasn't a given that SHIELD was going to beat it though either. The fact that The Flash's series premiere got better ratings does not mean anything because series premieres are always high. The true test would be what happens in subsequent weeks. And if Flash is beating it then, then maybe the people at ABC get a little nervous.

However, like I said, it's pointless to look into overnight ratings as meaning anything these days because networks are relying on them less and less. Nevermind the fact that ABC/Disney produces every aspect of SHIELD so the costs are a lot lower than if it was developed by an outside studio. They're more likely to eat the production costs now so they can get the syndication money later because of that.

Edited by livid
  • Like 1

It wasn't a given that SHIELD was going to beat it though either. The fact that The Flash's series premiere got better ratings does not mean anything because series premieres are always high. The true test would be what happens in subsequent weeks. And if Flash is beating it then, then maybe the people at ABC get a little nervous.

However, like I said, it's pointless to look into overnight ratings as meaning anything these days because networks are relying on them less and less. Nevermind the fact that ABC/Disney produces every aspect of SHIELD so the costs are a lot lower than if it was developed by an outside studio. They're more likely to eat the production costs now so they can get the syndication money later because of that.

I agree that series premiere are lilely to drop, but CW has pretty good retention week to week. Maybe with a huge debut like Flash, they may slip more than usual, but I could forsee Flash remaining in that territory, especially because it seems to have some good buzz among fans.

Overnight ratings still are important, but you are right less so. Syndication rights, who produces the show, abilities to shift time slot, etc. are important, maybe more so than demos. But no network (outside of CW) is going to renew a television show that slips too low in the demo. The question is - has Agents met it's bottom? I don't think so.

It's also important to remember that because SHIELD ties into a larger universe that is making Disney money hand over fist that it's probably not being judged by normal barometers in the first place.

Is anyone that was busy dying at the end of Hannibal season 2 returning next season?

Returning as in "appearing that season?" I'm pretty sure all of them.

Returning as in "appearing that season as someone presently alive?"

Jack Crawford seems pretty likely; Fuller has confirmed that there's relatively little FBI in the first half of the season, and Laurence Fishburne has said that he's basically appearing on half of season 3 while splitting time between Hannibal and Black-ish. Abigail Hobbs was said to be appearing in season 3, but the context makes me think she's probably dead and it'd be a flashback episode. Not sure on Will or Alana, but I can't imagine killing Will Graham off, so...

• Like 1

3 episodes in, and I'm ready to stop wasting my time on Black-ish. I understand I might not be getting the cultural significance of it (if there really is any), but everyone on it is just so annoying and not funny, with the main character actually coming off worst than the mom on the Goldbergs.