General Television Thread

Hellfire

Well, every penultimate episode of every season of a David Simon show is usually a bummer, so that's more of a "hey, the format of these shows are still the same" warning.

(though honestly The Deuce S3 might be the most singularly depressing season of a show he's ever made, up there with the even-numbered Wire seasons)

22 minutes ago, Oakesy said:

Would like a recommendation if possible.

I'd love a new drama/series to get stuck into, Netflix is preferable, in the UK so don't really have much else apart from iPlayer and the like.

I have previously watched and loved Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Peaky Blinders, White Collar, Line of Duty, Parks and Rec and a few more. I tried House of Cards and couldn't get into it.

Thanks in advance you lovely people :)

Have you watched Ozark? Fargo is also good but I'm not sure it's on Netflix UK.

11 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Have you watched Ozark? Fargo is also good but I'm not sure it's on Netflix UK.

I haven't seen Ozark but have seen Fargo, loved it that much  bought my dad season 1 on DVD to watch it again 😂

Fargo is an amazing series, I'm going to rewatch it all again soon.

Have you seen Luther, Oakesy? It's a BBC series, very dark but good. I think it's all on the IPlayer, if not the first 4 series are on Netflix and then there's one more after that that came out this year.

The American Office is always a good one, that's on Amazon. Parks & Recreation is like it's little sister really.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Fargo is an amazing series, I'm going to rewatch it all again soon.

Have you seen Luther, Oakesy? It's a BBC series, very dark but good. I think it's all on the IPlayer, if not the first 4 series are on Netflix and then there's one more after that that came out this year.

The American Office is always a good one, that's on Amazon. Parks & Recreation is like it's little sister really.

Haven't seen Luther, have heard good things :)

Is the US Office better than the UK one? Haven't watched much of either.

5 hours ago, Oakesy said:

I have previously watched and loved Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Peaky Blinders, White Collar, Line of Duty, Parks and Rec and a few more. I tried House of Cards and couldn't get into it.

Bodyguard? Might still be on iPlayer. And if you didn't like House of Cards, maybe try the original UK version? Oh, and Spooks is pretty good.

And definitely Luther. Massive shout out to it because there is an important scene that was filmed around the corner from my old manor. 

• Like 1

And now I've watched the series finale of The Deuce and cried at a TV show for the first time in a long time. There's pretty much one trick that will always fucking get me and David Simon played it.

16 hours ago, Oakesy said:

Would like a recommendation if possible.

I'd love a new drama/series to get stuck into, Netflix is preferable, in the UK so don't really have much else apart from iPlayer and the like.

Thanks in advance you lovely people :)

Oh yeah, just to add to my previous, Utopia on C4. The End of the F***ing World is on there too, I remember that being quite good. And... just having a look at what 4oD has... They have all of The Shield which is a fantastic program if you like cop dramas. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I miss Utopia :( 

Don't even get me started. I loved everything about that show, the casting was great, the cinematography was great, the soundtrack was banging, it was dark, fun storyline... bah.