General Television Thread

Hellfire

Witcher stuff:

Spoiler'd just in case you haven't read the book or get wet at the sight of Geralt

Spoiler

5dlp9w6wiby31.jpg

This is supposedly from the first episode which includes how Geralt became "The Butcher of Blavikan". Unf, if you you have ever read the books you'd know that this is a really, really good scene. Also, if they can translate the Oh Fuck-ness of when one of the bad guys shoots a crossbow at Geralt, and he deflects it, it will be amazing.

On 12/11/2019 at 09:07, MDK said:

Don't even get me started. I loved everything about that show, the casting was great, the cinematography was great, the soundtrack was banging, it was dark, fun storyline... bah.

Ugh, right? 

It had a great collection of really good, versatile British actors (Neil Maskell, Paul Higgins, Adeel Akhtar), alongside established faces (Geraldine James) and exciting, young talent. It also came at a time just before we started pitching in on fresh, bold TV shows (End of the Fucking World) and it felt like a shot in the arm. Even when it wasn't hitting with everything it tried, you couldn't help but appreciate that they were trying and all on a minuscule budget in comparison to the stuff made in the US. 

And just when they'd broadened the world, got through the difficult second season in a really satisfying way...they cut it. 

Humbug. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Ugh, right? 

It had a great collection of really good, versatile British actors (Neil Maskell, Paul Higgins, Adeel Akhtar), alongside established faces (Geraldine James) and exciting, young talent. It also came at a time just before we started pitching in on fresh, bold TV shows (End of the Fucking World) and it felt like a shot in the arm. Even when it wasn't hitting with everything it tried, you couldn't help but appreciate that they were trying and all on a minuscule budget in comparison to the stuff made in the US. 

And just when they'd broadened the world, got through the difficult second season in a really satisfying way...they cut it. 

Humbug. 

This is it. It was going for Champagne lifestyle with Lemonade money, and it worked.

Did they not make a US version?

Also, this

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Fincher was attached but it felt through I think

Yeah, Fincher had been trying to do it at HBO before things fell apart about the budget of it and other shows he was working on for them. 

It's set up at Amazon now, though. Gillian Flynn just announced about a month ago that filming had wrapped on the first season.

Edited by livid

Unf

Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degree is arbitary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another… I’d rather not choose at all

Just clocked he says that in the trailer. I cannot wait.

Also, they are definitely doing The Butcher of Blavikan in the first episode, I cannot wait. I am so excited all six of my nipples are tingling.

And that is definitely Cahir (Who Is Not A Nilfgardian, He Is From Vicovaro).

omfgomfg I am so hyped.