General Television Thread

Hellfire

Sex Education S2 was great & got better as the season went along. It's the kind of show I wish I had when I was 18. 

Also really enjoyed Ladhood, a new BBC3 comedy. It's totally finding its feet, but the casting of the teens in it is spot on and one of the most relatable things I've watched. 

Currently gearing up to watch S3 of Sabrina and also now half way through The Righteous Gemstones, which I'm loving as a total sucker for Danny McBride written comedies. 

Oh and guys, is anyone watching The Outsider? Easily one of the best things I've watched in ages.

Edited by Jimmy

Yeah, I'm watching The Outsider with my dad and sister, basically two episodes at a time. I think it's great. They're both huge Stephen King buffs but this book was so recent that they've never read it so they have no clue what the plot is and can't complain about any deviations from the book, which is wonderful.

6 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Yeah, I'm watching The Outsider with my dad and sister, basically two episodes at a time. I think it's great. They're both huge Stephen King buffs but this book was so recent that they've never read it so they have no clue what the plot is and can't complain about any deviations from the book, which is wonderful.

Ha, yeah. I really wanted to read it, but I'm thankful that I'm not. 

I just don't have any real grip on where the plot is going - and I'm not trying to either - because I'm throughly enjoying the mystery and just letting the show take me where it wants to go. It's way better watching two at a time. 

ah, took three and a half episodes but I got to the first point in the final batch of BoJack Horseman episodes where I had to pause out of sheer discomfort at what was about to happen, there's that old feeling.

EDIT: Oh Jesus it got way worse.

• Like 3

CBS are trying to get a show Clarice Starling from Silence Of The Lambs off the ground. They aren't the first to try. Back in 2012 Lifetime announced that they were working on a show called "Glarice" after NBC announced that they were going to do a TV show about Hannibal Lecter. The proposed Lifetime show did not go forward though. The new show is supposed to take place in 1993, a year after the events of Silence Of The Lambs. The show will be written and produced by Alex Kurtzman (Star Trek: Picard, Fringe) and Jenny Lumet (Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard). 

https://deadline.com/2020/01/clarice-silence-of-the-lambs-sequel-tv-series-cbs-alex-kurtzman-jenny-lumet-big-commitment-1202828050/

Watched the first two episodes of Locke & Key. It's taken a lot of artistic liberty in relation to the books, but I'm fine with that. A straight up adaptation of the books was never going to work. Tyler, Kinsey and Bode are all fantasticly cast though, so I'm alright with that.

Totally going to binge through the whole show this weekend.

• Like 1

Really don't care for Medical Police. It's the kind of show that thinks a lot of over reacting is as good as actual acting.

It's also a great reminder that ever since Netflix moved away from the star rating system, that their recommendations have absolutely sucked.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Really don't care for Medical Police. It's the kind of show that thinks a lot of over reacting is as good as actual acting.

It's also a great reminder that ever since Netflix moved away from the star rating system, that their recommendations have absolutely sucked.

I made it five minutes. Couldn't stand it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Benji said:

Gave Righteous Gemstones and AP Bio a go, Gemstones I like but I'm not entirely decided if I'm sticking with because Danny McBride shows tend to run a bit hot and cold with me for the most part, AP Bio I liked the pilot though.

AP Bio is good but I totally forgot about it after the first season ended. It's still going on? I wouldn't mind actually binging  the 12 or 13 episodes season 2 probably has now.

I also really like Perfect Harmony, anybody watch that? 

Really sad NBC cancelled Sunnyside. 

I also watched the first episode of Sex Education, does it get better? Episode 1 wasn't horrible, it just didn't really peak my interest, fully. 

5 hours ago, Benjamin said:

AP Bio is good but I totally forgot about it after the first season ended. It's still going on? I wouldn't mind actually binging  the 12 or 13 episodes season 2 probably has now.

I also really like Perfect Harmony, anybody watch that? 

Really sad NBC cancelled Sunnyside. 

I also watched the first episode of Sex Education, does it get better? Episode 1 wasn't horrible, it just didn't really peak my interest, fully. 

Sex Ed is great - take a few eps to find its feet, but I'd definitely say stick.

Gemstones is fun. It's not got anywhere near Vice Principals and Eastbound heights, but it's fun nonetheless.

• Thanks 1

I'm also three episodes into the Politician now, it's... not bad. It's a bit eurgh because portraying these kids treating this school election as the most important on god's green earth is a little too goofy for my liking, but it definitely has its moments.

Kind of overly mean for my liking, but I like that it walks the line where no one is too good or too bad.