General Television Thread

Hellfire

Didn't realize S2 of Altered Carbon dropped.  I really enjoyed S1 and while I liked Joel Kinnaman as Kovacs, Anthony Mackie is doing a great job too

I haven't finished season one, but Kinnaman being gone makes me more likely to watch season two. Anthony Mackey being in makes me even more likely to watch.

Just got done watching Locke and Key. That ending makes me wish I waited until season two is out....

I did like Locke & Key but felt it got way too predictable at the end

Edit:  Also, I don't think you really need to finish S1 of Altered Carbon to get into S2.  Aside from a few things, nothing really connects the seasons together

20 hours ago, Lint said:

I did like Locke & Key but felt it got way too predictable at the end

Edit:  Also, I don't think you really need to finish S1 of Altered Carbon to get into S2.  Aside from a few things, nothing really connects the seasons together

I know a few people who watched part of Locke & Key, then quit. Someone at another board literally watched half, giving up after episode 5. 

Good to know about Altered Carbon. I can take Joel Kinnaman in small doses, but he's really not leading man material. That's why I never finished season one.

Edited by GhostMachine

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I know a few people who watched part of Locke & Key, then quit. Someone at another board literally watched half, giving up after episode 5. 

Good to know about Altered Carbon. I can take Joel Kinnaman in small doses, but he's really not leading man material. That's why I never finished season one.

I can see why for Locke & Key.  It moves rather slow and they really don't explain certain things, like where the keys come from or how they work etc

The reason the one person gave for quitting after episode 5 was more or less because they felt the part where they used the music box to get revenge on the bully girl went on too long. :rolleyes:

We finished up season 3 of Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina last night. Personally, I thought they could have just dealt with the Green Man situation by

setting the motherfucker on fire

. Don't know when season 4 will come out, but its going to be interesting.

Has anyone watched October Faction or V-Wars yet? The previews look good, but I'd like to hear from someone who has watched them first.

7 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

The reason the one person gave for quitting after episode 5 was more or less because they felt the part where they used the music box to get revenge on the bully girl went on too long. :rolleyes:

To be fair, I thought it went on too long as well until the callback to it in the last episode, but that's a silly reason to give up.

Exactly, which is why I added the :rolleyes: . 

Only have a couple issues with the final episode:

Heidi and I both figured out that Dodge turned Ellie into her double before she got tossed through the portal. And I think Ellie is toast. Don't see any way they can get her back.

But, we didn't see Gabe being Dodge coming.

41 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Hide contents

Heidi and I both figured out that Dodge turned Ellie into her double before she got tossed through the portal. And I think Ellie is toast. Don't see any way they can get her back.

About Gabe

I did see Gabe being INVOLVED with Dodge coming, but not actually being Dodge.  Also saw that girl being "possessed" or whatever

Just started Dracula on Netflix.  Apparently its a BBC series that, I guess, Netflix picked up international rights to.  3 episodes, probably each 1.5 hours each.  After the first episode, holy shit, this is fantastic

48 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I thought Ellie being transformed into Dodge was incredibly obvious that there had to be another twist.

I didn't see Gabe being Dodge coming, either, as I thought it would've been too hard for her to be 3 different people and I swear she had to be in 2 places at once, I would have to watch through again to be sure, though. It feels like the kind of show where you'd pick up on more things on a second watch.

I think Ellie is gone unless there's some other key shenanigans. I was terrified that Dodge would do something to Rufus. Also saw another demon thing coming from a mile away.

2 hours ago, Lint said:

About Gabe

Reveal hidden contents

I did see Gabe being INVOLVED with Dodge coming, but not actually being Dodge.  Also saw that girl being "possessed" or whatever

Just started Dracula on Netflix.  Apparently its a BBC series that, I guess, Netflix picked up international rights to.  3 episodes, probably each 1.5 hours each.  After the first episode, holy shit, this is fantastic

It's great. The last episode got mixed reviews but I enjoyed it, and the Dracula actor was superb.

Don't know if anyone else watches MTV's The Challenge, but the trailer dropped for the new season starting April 1st, and TJ announces a change I like: No more pussys who don't do squat until the end winning. Now you have to win an elimination to even have a chance of winning it all. So I'm guessing only those who win eliminations make it to the final.

Started watching October Faction on Netflix.  I don't like it.  It gets a little more interesting in near the end...like episodes 7 and 8, which I just finished, but those first 6 episodes are a damn slog.  "You want to watch an awesome show about a family of monster hunters?  You do?!  GREAT!  Now watch this high school drama that feels like its from a CW drama!"  One character, who seemed like she was going to be a fairly major secondary character, just seems to have disappeared with no mention of her (I still have 2 episodes left, so she might come back).  There are some "plot twists" that couldn't be more obvious.

I hated it after 6 episodes, but at that point I realized I was more then 1/2 through the season so I kept watching