UFC News and Discussion Thread

Sports buisness expert Darren Rovell's tweet on Brock dropping coors into his promo

In 30 minutes since Lesnar won, Coors Light mentioned 300 x on Twitter. Bet Bud/UFC alliance hasn't generated as much pub.

Also, did I just miss it or did neither guy come out with a belt? Is that standard procedure in a unification match?

I love the fact that Brock beat Mir. Fuck you Mir you cocky son of a bitch

... as opposed to Brock Lesnar, paragon of humble?

I'm not saying Brock has been the most humble of people. Mir annoyed me much more than Brock ever has when it comes to their opinions of fights to come. I know Brock isn't the most humble of people but he doesn't say shit like "man that guy doesn't know shit that I learned in my first month of MMA training" etc. So I'm happy that Mir got beat.

TSC, they didn't come out wearing them but the guys int he back did held the titles high.

Basping was fucking lame, he barely threw a punch while Henderson kicked his ass man. He couldn't walk the walk and now he won't be able to talk the talk. That punch knocked himt he fuck out and the way Henderson finished him with that jumping strike was fucking awesome, you could see how Dan just was enjoying the moment while he fell on top of Basping.

About Lesnar/Mir, god I love Lesnar. Mir did nothing, I was actually thinking Mir could've winned bu Lesnar is way too powerful on the ground, not submission/technique-wise but power/dominance-wise. WAR LESNAR! By the way, he was interviewed backstage after the fight by a Mexican girl, and since this way the first time UFC was broadcasted live here in Mexico, he was asked if he had some words for the Mexican audience he quickly smiled and shouted "ANDELE, ANDELE, ANDELE.. YEEHAW" all that while making a taunt like he was throwing a lasso. He was also asked who was next in line and he smiled and said "my wife" and the interviewer smiled but he was very nervous and said that it wasn't what they thought he would say but they joked about it.

This sit he first time I watch a complete UFC event live and it was really awesome, I'm hooked.

I actually didn't see it, and didn't find a report as to how Brock won. From the reactions, I'm guessing TKO, with Brock beating the hell out of Mir?

In the first round Lesnar got Mir on the ground and in a headlock with his left arm and punched the hell out of his face with his right hand. Then in the second round, Lesnar got him down again and basically bashed in his face with right hands. Huge shots and lots of them.

since this way the first time UFC was broadcasted live here in Mexico, he was asked if he had some words for the Mexican audience he quickly smiled and shouted "ANDELE, ANDELE, ANDELE.. YEEHAW" all that while making a taunt like he was throwing a lasso.

:w00t: Where's that gif of Lesnar dancing in front of the Mariachi band when you need it!

since this way the first time UFC was broadcasted live here in Mexico, he was asked if he had some words for the Mexican audience he quickly smiled and shouted "ANDELE, ANDELE, ANDELE.. YEEHAW" all that while making a taunt like he was throwing a lasso.

:w00t: Where's that gif of Lesnar dancing in front of the Mariachi band when you need it!

Indeed.

Brock's fist = meat tenderizer

Mir's face = slab of beef

And I like the Hardy crew cheering on Lesnar, no they couldn't all do what he does, but he's a good ambassador for pro wrestling, shows that they're not all a bunch of "fake fighters." Lesnar's a bad motherfucker and the wrestling background just makes it all the more awesome, especially watching MMA purists throw a shit fit... and throw $60 at UFC every time he's on. Absolutely brilliant.

Edited by Zero

MMA purists throw a shit fit

That's a blanket statement thrown over the vocal minority. Sure a lot of people had a problem because he came from WWE - but did the majority? No. He's a legit athlete and a legit fighter. I mean, ffs, these same "MMA Purists" idolized Sakuraba and other japanese pro wrestlers so it's more of their WWE-hate and/or Brock-hate. But again, it's a vocal minority.

You're talking about his Amateur Wrestling background right? Not his WWE background, right?

No, I'm talking about his WWE background. As a WWE fan, I love to see someone like Lesnar go into a legit sport and prove that not all pro wrestlers are jokes.

That's a blanket statement thrown over the vocal minority.

Fair enough, then I love to see the "vocal minority" throw a shit fit.

That's a blanket statement thrown over the vocal minority.

Fair enough, then I love to see the "vocal minority" throw a shit fit.

A-fucking-men.

EDIT: Also, how awesome were GSP's cornermen tonight? His primary trainer had the line of the night: "Hit him with your groin!"

Edited by Heel Turn

You're talking about his Amateur Wrestling background right? Not his WWE background, right?

No, I'm talking about his WWE background. As a WWE fan, I love to see someone like Lesnar go into a legit sport and prove that not all pro wrestlers are jokes.

You're kidding right? Dude, WWE Wrestlers aswell as most of all Pro Wrestlers coouldn't stand a chance against most of all MMA fighters. I thought youw ere talking about his Amateur Wrestling background wich was shown by Lesnar on Mir tonight, he countered the takedown Mir tried to do and put him down while Lesnar stayed on top, that's Amateur Wrestling, not WWE-Style of Wrestling. Dude seriously, saying Lesnar's WWE/Pro Wrestling background makes him what he is today is a total joke, you sir, are indeed a dumbass.

Edited by Powerhart
  • Like 1

ShaneCarwin: He won't be able to lay on Cain or me.

I'm so sorry Shane, but he didn't lay on Frank Mir - He f'n pummeled his face in. And in all liklihood, that's both of your fates as well. Terrible style match-up for the both of you. Gonzaga nearly finished Shane with one punch, and furthermore Brock is a better athlete and wrestler than you.

AroundTheHorn: Hahahaha. Apollo Creed couldn't have recited a better victory speech.