UFC News and Discussion Thread

No, you jumped to conclusions. You saw one piece of evidence (which was hearsay to boot), overanalysed the fuck out of it, and drew a judgemental conclusion. Jumping to conclusions is a process, not a measure of precisely how judgemental the conclusion was.

No, you jumped to conclusions. You saw one piece of evidence (which was hearsay to boot), overanalysed the fuck out of it, and drew a judgemental conclusion. Jumping to conclusions is a process, not a measure of precisely how judgemental the conclusion was.

In his defence, the Australian promoter was the one who said Karo wanted to go on first. Karo also confirmed it and said he was worried because it was his first time fighting overseas and he thought his family would be worried about him. So not really hearsay.

In his defence, the Australian promoter was the one who said Karo wanted to go on first. Karo also confirmed it and said he was worried because it was his first time fighting overseas and he thought his family would be worried about him. So not really hearsay.

Well considering he implied that Karo went on first because he hadn't gotten himself together while the real reasoning is out there is, which has nothing to do with a painkiller addiction (Karo's issue), and twisted the story to fit his opinion of the situation I'd still say he jumped to conclusions quite a bit. Hearsay to boot.

Yes, but anxiety was not what Karo's personal issues were that caused him to be released from the organization in the first place, an addiction to painkillers was. TRW implied that because Karo had anxiety issues about fighting overseas for the first time that he hadn't gotten himself together from the issues stemming from his Zuffa release when in reality the two are completely opposite issues. To compare anxiety about being on the other side of the world and fighting for the first time to a drug addiction is jumping the gun.

Except that wasn't what I did at all. What I meant was, in his sole fight outside UFC since his release, he had anxiety issues. Therefore, I personally feel that he should first have another fight outside UFC, where these issues don't flare up, to prove he's mentally ready for a return.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

And according to something called MMA Convert, Duffee's own manager called his client an ass in this situation.

In other news, Maia vs. Grove at the TUF Finale, Thiago Silva vs. Vera at UFC 125, and Dana is already backtracking on his claims that the Fitch/Alves winner would get the next title shot.

And according to something called MMA Convert, Duffee's own manager called his client an ass in this situation.

In other news, Maia vs. Grove at the TUF Finale, Thiago Silva vs. Vera at UFC 125, and Dana is already backtracking on his claims that the Fitch/Alves winner would get the next title shot.

In Bloody Elbow.com, one of the side entries reads QUOTE CORRECTION: Agent said "asset" not "ass". So I guess it was just a bad quote.

Theres rumours that for us UK fans that The Ultimate Fighter 12 will be airing on Sky Sports which is a good move to promote the UFC more here in the UK hopefully if it's true we'll see some MMA news on Sky Sports News which would help spread the word more.

Bad news about the possible move to Sky is if they decide to put events on PPV over here.

I don't knwo if it will be good news.

UFC is currently being shown on Five (albeit at midnight) and the TUF is shown on Five USA which is on freeview, which seems to be watched more than a pay channel.

(In other words, I only have Sky Sports 1 and doubt it'll be on there, so I'll miss TUF. :(