UFC News and Discussion Thread

This is such a mess at MW. Belfort/Silva is going to happen, I assume, at New Year's.

I won't go on a major rant, but Dana White should have a serious complaint with the people who tested Sonnen before the fight. If a guy comes in and says he'll probably test positive, don't you think you should relay that message to the UFC before the fight? Imagine if Sonnen wins, then it comes out he tested positive for PEDs. You'd have to vacate the title, damage a lot of the UFC's hard-earned credibility, and have to find a way to show that Sonnen never said that before the drug test.

Drug tests are taken after fights.

It's official now, winner of Okami/Belfort gets next shot at Silva.

UFC122poster.jpg

That is the most badass poster from UFC ever.

EDIT: And since I just found out that Vitor is injured once again, it's a shame it can't be used. Plus, hasn't he been injured enough times already?

Edited by Ben D.D. Cuntface

Big news, Vitor Belfort out of UFC 122; Nate Marquardt replaces him in the main event. Reason: Belfort will face Anderson Silva for the title (possibly) at UFC 125 next year.

Okami/Belfort sounded more appealing to me than Marquardt/Okami, but at least he finally gets his title shot.

He was 2-2 in his last 4 fights, come on UFC, accomplished Wrestler, TUF Winner, marketable full-blooded Mexican, he was great a prospect.

He was a great prospect who lacked heart and came into his last fight severely overweight.

Kid needs to get his shit straight and decide if he actually wants to be a fighter.

He definitely always came off as a guy who liked saying he was a UFC fighter more than actually being a UFC fighter. Dude's a stuckup douchebag who's done nothing with his potential, and this is coming from somebody who's actually talked to him in real life and what not (dude was born and raised around these parts; we have a couple of mutual friends).

EDIT - With Sonnen being out, I guess Belfort/Silva makes the most sense as the immediate replacement. Personally, I'd much rather hae Belfort/Okami and Marquardt/Silva, but whatever. Here's hoping they keep that badass poster!

Edited by Mysterio2000X

You live in Sonora, Mexico? Because that's where Escudero was born.

No, I live in Yuma, Arizona - 30 minutes away from San Luis, which is where he was born (and where his parents still live). His parents are lifelong friends with my cousin's husband, and he's also friends with some of the guys I went to high school with. I forget where he went to high school (either Somerton, which is 15 minutes away from here, or San Luis, Arizona which is right across the border from San Luis Rio Colorado, Sonora... I don't THINK he went to school here, that was Cain Velasquez, who went to Kofa High School, which actually has one of the best wrestling programs in the state).

Edited by Mysterio2000X

I do, he hasn't had a win, let alone a fight, in UFC's Middleweight division. A tune-up fight with Okami would've been the best, he hasn't fought in a year and hasn't fought at 185 since January 2009.

Exactly. He has known inconsistency issues, and putting him in against the best pound for pound fighter after a year long layoff is bad. On paper, Vitor Belfort vs. Anderson Silva is fireworks, but I can't see how Belfort has any type of chance, especially if Silva can avoid his power punches during the beginning of the fight.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Right, so he shouldn't have won the shot in the first place.

But you don't tell a guy (and everybody else) that he has a title shot, and then yank it back from him.

Unless you're Vince McMahon.

Haven't read it here before, just heard it on MMA Live.

Penn Vs Hughes at UFC 123.

And apparently Penn was offered a fight with KenFlo first, who turned it down due to his busy schedule.