UFC News and Discussion Thread

Tempted to stay up but really tired and i've gotta get up early. Interesting match ups just have to watch the fights individually on the internet.

I can see Marquardt/Palhares being kinda similar to Henderson/Palhares, Nates a well rounded guy and has better striking i think the only chance Palhares has is to get a submission but it's a good match up.

Escudero I'm not really a fan of but I haven't seen enough of Oliveria apart from the really awesome BJJ he displayed in his last fight i think Efrain should win that.

Miller/Tibau is the closest match up but i think Tibau with his size will win. Got a feeling this will be like Maynard/Miller with Tibau using his size to control the fight and takedown Miller but it really can go either way I feel.

Pearson will win by TKO. Miller's best chance is to get Ross to the ground but Pearson's stand up will be to much I reckon and he has decent takedown defence. Probably helps that he's gone to America to improve his wrestling unlike some of the other guys from here.

Just got around to watch Penn/Edgar II. Never seen Edgar fight before (I'm pretty much a casual fan, plus no cable so I can't watch as much as I'd like), but I'm very impressed. He immediately jumped into my 'favorite fighters' group (with guys like Lesnar, Captain America, and Tito). Never stops, and I was telling my brother, who watched with me, that it looks like Penn (who clearly didn't want to be there) is moving at normal speed, while Edgar is on fast forward.

Wasn't impressed with BJ, who I've enjoyed watching fight before. He seemed like he didn't give a damn, didn't want to be there, and was just riding it out. Sad, sad showing to end a pretty boring card.

Chael Sonnen is back at it again, this time is not just Silva, but also includes Bisping, Wanderlei, GSP and even Brock Lesnar. This guy is fucking great.

Hahaha, he's so awesome. He cuts such a great promo and has fun playing the role of a douchebag. Hopefully he beats Silva and actually makes that division interesting.

Just got around to watch Penn/Edgar II. Never seen Edgar fight before (I'm pretty much a casual fan, plus no cable so I can't watch as much as I'd like), but I'm very impressed. He immediately jumped into my 'favorite fighters' group (with guys like Lesnar, Captain America, and Tito). Never stops, and I was telling my brother, who watched with me, that it looks like Penn (who clearly didn't want to be there) is moving at normal speed, while Edgar is on fast forward.

Wasn't impressed with BJ, who I've enjoyed watching fight before. He seemed like he didn't give a damn, didn't want to be there, and was just riding it out. Sad, sad showing to end a pretty boring card.

If you can find a way to see it, find Edgar's fight with Tyson Griffin, that was good. It was the fight that turned me into a big fan of Frankie Edgar. Both guys looked good in the fight.