UFC News and Discussion Thread

This thread had been used in the past for events without spoiler tags used so it should be just fine.

Matt Mitrione /Joe Beltran was a fun fight. Mitrione looked really good here. Enjoyed the finish for CB Dollaway/Joe Doerksen fight. Not a fan of Dollaway but was impressed with the way he held on and rolled through it with Doerksen to guillotine him for the win.

Was watching PRIDE earlier today and Bas was talking about how the American crowd was too impatient and that they booed every time the fight went to the ground, unlike the Japanese crowd who were very respectful and appreciated the ground game of the fighters.

EDIT: That promo is beautiful.

Edited by Powerhart

Guest Mr. Potato Head

At least those obnoxious fans got a nice ending to their apparent 5 hours of misery. What I saw of the show was real weak though, the main event until Mir's knee was beyond dreadfully dull.

The main event was dull, but for the most part it was just a crowd that was expecting...I don't know what they were expecting, but they booed any time guys went five seconds without punching each other in the face. It was maybe not on the level of the great cards from earlier in the summer, but it was still a very good show.

And I had Dunham winning but Sherk winning was hardly robbery.